• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timothee Dieng

A release clause only forces a club to accept an offer, the player can still refuse to leave if he wants to. He's only started 1 of the last 6 matches at Exeter so he may have been tempted by the promise of being a starter.
I don't think that would be the reason he'd go. He was their player of the season last season and has played well this season. I don't know why he hasn't played as much games in the last 6 but could be coming back from injury.

He's definitely gone to Gillingham for money surely.

Several clubs at the bottom of league two (Including us!) are signing very decent players, it is going to be a right scrap to escape the dreaded drop. I think Exeter have their problems at present, several of their better players are unsettled it seems, what with Dieng going to Gillingham and us signing Matt Jay this week.

Just maybe with the Gills signing Timothee, they will cool their reported interest in Jack Bridge.

Nearly 300 EFL games, 14 goals last season but of course we couldn't wait to get rid of him because he was lazy, chicken and once ducked out of a header apparently. Good player.... looks like Gillingham will spend their way out of trouble.

Nearly 300 EFL games, 14 goals last season but of course we couldn't wait to get rid of him because he was lazy, chicken and once ducked out of a header apparently. Good player.... looks like Gillingham will spend their way out of trouble.
Averages one goal in every 4 games from Midfield for Exeter, although just one game played in last 6 . Alleged Gills paid 6 figure sum, and utilised release clause for between 100,000k and £150,000 . / Retains property here?

I don't know why he hasn't played as much games in the last 6 but could be coming back from injury.
I can't see anything about an injury on their forum and a few say he wasn't a starter anymore. Exeter got a new manager on the 24th October (Gary Cardwell) and whilst he started the first 4 matches under Cardwell he's only started 1 match since then, I think the new manager just didn't like him as much as the previous one.

A release clause only forces a club to accept an offer, the player can still refuse to leave if he wants to. He's only started 1 of the last 6 matches at Exeter so he may have been tempted by the promise of being a starter.
Very successful under now departed Exeter manager-Taylor—new manager—Caldwell—obviously not a fan !

Strange transfer leaves a mid table side in league 1 to go to a club bottom of league 2 likely to be playing National league must be financial

Strange transfer leaves a mid table side in league 1 to go to a club bottom of league 2 likely to be playing National league must be financial
With the players they are signing it's likely that they will turn their league form around with half season still to go. Amazing what new ownership can do.

Tim certainly isn't a player I would be looking to sign if I was in charge of a team in a relegation dog fight. Hope he proves me wrong.
I agree it does seem a bit of a gamble and some on their Exeter forum fans thinks he can no longer manage 90 mins. However he was a bit of a hit and miss with us, but had a very impressive last season with them

Gillingham have apparently the worst goal scoring record at this stage of the season in football league history, So I guess they think his heading ability especially near goal and scoring every 4 games from midfield ,would add something to there ability to find the net,, with no doubt the new owner , who seems a great breath of fresh air, forking out for more upgrades to aid him

But if the Gills get to far behind as we know its hard to come back from

I agree it does seem a bit of a gamble and some on their Exeter forum fans thinks he can no longer manage 90 mins. However he was a bit of a hit and miss with us, but had a very impressive last season with them

Gillingham have apparently the worst goal scoring record at this stage of the season in football league history, So I guess they think his heading ability especially near goal and scoring every 4 games from midfield ,would add something to there ability to find the net,, with no doubt the new owner , who seems a great breath of fresh air, forking out for more upgrades to aid him

But if the Gills get to far behind as we know its hard to come back from
He certainly never managed 90 minutes for us so I’m not surprised.

Didn’t take long for Caldwell to suss him out.

Back