• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is very much in our own hands, but b'jaysus it's going to be touch and go!

Hull

Played 42 Points 44 GD -16

Home to Colchester
Away to Stoke
Away to Cardiff
Home to Plymouth

3 tough fixtures against three teams all believing they can reach the play-offs before a gimme on the last day of the season (since Plymouth's season will be well and truly over by then). We have a better run-in which could see us catch them but I wouldn't fancy taking our chances needing to get more points than Hull on the last day of the season.

Barnsley
Played 42 Points 44 GD -28

Away to Southend
Home to Crystal Palace
Home to Leicester
Away to West Brom

A bit of a mixed bag for t' Barnsley that sees them play a mammoth game against the mighty Shrimpers before welcoming a Crystal Palace side who may well be in wind-down mode for the end of season. If results go against them beforehand, Leicester will still be desperate to avoid a last gasp relegation scrap. West Brom could go either way. The likelihood is that they will have already guaranteed their position in the play-offs and will choose to rest players.

As with Hull, I wouldn't bet on us getting more points than Barnsley on the last day of the season.

Leeds
Played 42 Points 42 GD -24

Home to Burnley
Away to Southampton
Home to Ipswich
Away to Derby

I can see Leeds winning their home games but losing away to Southampton (chasing their play-off position) and Derby (chasing an automatic place). Most worrying would be that Derby might be out of the automatic promotion places by then and may rest players for the play-offs.

Southend
Played 42 Points 42 GD -25

Home to Barnsley
Away to Plymouth
Home to Luton
Away to Southampton

I don't think I'd change our run-in for any of the others, but still fear that we'll need to win both home games and snatch a point against either Plymouth or Southampton to survive. All very possible, but all very difficult. As with the other teams, I'm hoping Southampton will have their play-off place guaranteed but it looks like they'll be battling to the end of the season.

Luton (cheerio!)
Played 42 Points 37 GD -23

Home to Plymouth
Away to Derby
Away to Southend
Home to Sunderland

Personally, I think they'll be lucky if they take 3 points from the remaining fixtures. Just so long as it isn't against us, I'll be happy!

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, it is very much in our own hands, but b'jaysus it's going to be touch and go!

Hull

Played 42 Points 44 GD -16

Home to Colchester
Away to Stoke
Away to Cardiff
Home to Plymouth

3 tough fixtures against three teams all believing they can reach the play-offs before a gimme on the last day of the season (since Plymouth's season will be well and truly over by then). We have a better run-in which could see us catch them but I wouldn't fancy taking our chances needing to get more points than Hull on the last day of the season.

Barnsley
Played 42 Points 44 GD -28

Away to Southend
Home to Crystal Palace
Home to Leicester
Away to West Brom

A bit of a mixed bag for t' Barnsley that sees them play a mammoth game against the mighty Shrimpers before welcoming a Crystal Palace side who may well be in wind-down mode for the end of season. If results go against them beforehand, Leicester will still be desperate to avoid a last gasp relegation scrap. West Brom could go either way. The likelihood is that they will have already guaranteed their position in the play-offs and will choose to rest players.

As with Hull, I wouldn't bet on us getting more points than Barnsley on the last day of the season.

Leeds
Played 42 Points 42 GD -24

Home to Burnley
Away to Southampton
Home to Ipswich
Away to Derby

I can see Leeds winning their home games but losing away to Southampton (chasing their play-off position) and Derby (chasing an automatic place). Most worrying would be that Derby might be out of the automatic promotion places by then and may rest players for the play-offs.

Southend
Played 42 Points 42 GD -25

Home to Barnsley
Away to Plymouth
Home to Luton
Away to Southampton

I don't think I'd change our run-in for any of the others, but still fear that we'll need to win both home games and snatch a point against either Plymouth or Southampton to survive. All very possible, but all very difficult. As with the other teams, I'm hoping Southampton will have their play-off place guaranteed but it looks like they'll be battling to the end of the season.

Luton (cheerio!)
Played 42 Points 37 GD -23

Home to Plymouth
Away to Derby
Away to Southend
Home to Sunderland

Personally, I think they'll be lucky if they take 3 points from the remaining fixtures. Just so long as it isn't against us, I'll be happy!

Good post. I am hoping that Burnley keep Leeds to at least a draw, which is possible on their current form.

How exactly is this a "Title Run In"?

I think you're getting a bit carried away!

i can see leeds pulling away, looked impressive apparently yesterday against col u. luton may not be down and out, it looks tha way but remember this is the championship and judging by this season anyone can beat anyone. barnsley are unpredicatble just like us, they seemed safeish this time last month but have once again failed to pull away, hull are also simular they hammerd us at the kc but havnt manaed to build on it. we have been lucky both these teams havnt managed to be consistant. I feel although everyone hates leeds they will stay up leaving us barnsley and hull to fight it out last day. anyone agree??

ps - harrold last minute goal to keep us up against southampton

Agree with pretty much all said on here so far .If we are lucky Palace will still have a mathematical chance of the play-offs when they play Barnsley - hope PT will do his old mate Tilly a favour - he should have good 'intelligence' . And hopefully Leicester will be desperate for points by the time they play them .

Another thought - obviously if Southampton are def in play-offs (they might rest players) that is prob the best scenario - but if they need points to ensure a place, the tension in front of a home crowd could get to them and might be better for us than facing a side with 'nothing to play for '

i can see leeds pulling away, looked impressive apparently yesterday against col u.

Nope, don't worry about that, they were poor but so were we, both sides even and a poor draw would have been fair, however, they also are very weak at the back and try to waste time and foul all game and that just caught up with them by the end. They were poor, we looked like a team starting to believe it's own hype again "no need to try lads, Leeds are not very good"

I don't see Leeds getting out of it to be honest but I also don't hate them like a lot of people seem too.

I think this weekend has shown how unpredictable this league is. It will genuinely go down to the last minute of the last game...
The one thing that worries me is how the fixtures look on paper.

I think I would rather be playing 4 top teams instead of 2 bottom ones. We seem to play better against the higher teams than the lower ones where we are expected to win. Instead of Luton and Barnsley I think it could be the Plymouth and Southampton games that keeps us up...

Back