• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To all the singers in Block V&W...

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
In an attempt to bring some unity to the singing at The Hall, could all the singers in V&W please all group together at the front of the two sections on Friday. We all know we make a right bloody noise at the back, but due to the double barrelled roof it doesn't carry to the rest of the ground. So we would like to see if grouping together at the front can help spark the rest of the ground into song, in unison. Please join us in this experiment and lets have a party. I wouldn't rule a conga line out to be honest! Come on Southend, time to unite and re-create the spirit of St Mary's and Keepmoat...

Good idea in theory mate, but as all the singers in the blue voice stand up, their may be some issues of people not being able to see who sit behind.

There is that mate. But if everyone stands...

I think this is a good idea but people who sit at the back will not see and if a father brings his son and it is the first time they come then they might not enjoy it (speaking from experience).

I think this is a good idea but people who sit at the back will not see and if a father brings his son and it is the first time they come then they might not enjoy it (speaking from experience).

Of course you have to take others into consideration and persistant standing as we know, is against ground rules. But as long as theres no complaints from supporters/stewards, then lets have a sing song and dance down the front!

But as long as theres no complaints from supporters/stewards,

Which there probably will be. It's a good idea because as you say, the noise would probably be better. But I dont think there's enough people who want to stand up, and also people at the front of the other blocks in the West Stand might have their view blocked if there was a corner in the north-west corner or something.

Which there probably will be. It's a good idea because as you say, the noise would probably be better. But I dont think there's enough people who want to stand up, and also people at the front of the other blocks in the West Stand might have their view blocked if there was a corner in the north-west corner or something.

Maybe the Blue voice should move into the North Bank on friday as I reckon we will be selling tickets in the X Y Z blocks soon

There is that mate. But if everyone stands...

The stewards will have a field day!!

Anyway IF all of V & W join in then the noise will be loud enough, its quite an important game now so imagine it will be a good atmosphere.

Keep us updated on developments Smiffy.

At the moment my season ticket is right in amongst the Blue Voice singers. I'll move down if need be but surely if we're expecting a big crowd we might not have the freedom to shift a load of us to another part of the ground/block what with a large number of these singers being seasos?

In an attempt to bring some unity to the singing at The Hall, could all the singers in V&W please all group together at the front of the two sections on Friday. We all know we make a right bloody noise at the back, but due to the double barrelled roof it doesn't carry to the rest of the ground. So we would like to see if grouping together at the front can help spark the rest of the ground into song, in unison. Please join us in this experiment and lets have a party. I wouldn't rule a conga line out to be honest! Come on Southend, time to unite and re-create the spirit of St Mary's and Keepmoat...

Your on drugs Mr Smith but still love you

The lot that stand at the back won't move down the front,but that help in away if you can get enough "followers" down the front

Tickets going well then Rich?

I Tried to book pair of Tickets online... even in the South Lower u cannot the system may be down tho but you still buy single tickets...

If we dont get 10,000 for this game i will surprised :-)

But do you think the stewards will allow us to start a conga, go up the stairs, along the top of the stand by the food bar, then back down again?

Plus, i've only seen this happen when we are getting thumped, so what are you suggesting Smiffy?! :dim:

will do
icon14.gif
everyone get standing and singing the boys need us!

Sounds a good idea..People should stop saying what if and just let it happen then work on it from there

Think we are going to have some issues on Friday, with kids and part-time fans in the mix around the V, W and X Blocks.

Let's all do our best to get them singing though people...

Think we are going to have some issues on Friday, with kids and part-time fans in the mix around the V, W and X Blocks.

Let's all do our best to get them singing though people...

I am in block V, a season ticket holder and long time fan but I choose not to sing or stand up and I don't want my view obscured by some pimply tw@ who thinks it fun to constantly sing "stand up if you love Southend" to p*ss people.

If you want to sing, fine, good on you, but don't impose it on others and don't cause a blockage to the views of fans who want to sit down and watch the match, and who actually come for that reason rather than listen to a bunch of self appointed "real" fans who seem to me to be more interested in their own perceptions of themselves than the game in front of them.

And whilst I am on this, can someone take away the drum sticks from the irritating git who brings the drum and stick them up his rse.

Back