• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supa Shrimpa

Director⭐
..i'm not aiming this at fans that are still watching us, but those who supported us at Wembley but haven't seen us since.

Dear all,

I'd like to say a big thank you for helping us generate a huge travelling support for one of the clubs biggest games in our history.

As you are probably aware, our new manager has re-shaped the team and our mighty warriors are currently sitting in 2nd place in the league, after winning our first three matches. The football is very entertaining (passing on the floor) and the commitment and workrate from the team is first class. It's real football for real fans, and you are right up close to the action. The atmosphere around Roots Hall is electric at the moment and the players are responding. We have a Family Enclosure, specifically for families with young children, aswell as a standing section for those that like to stand and chant. If you can't attend on Saturdays, we have four home games coming up on Friday nights.

What i'm trying to say is, the club and our brave heroes would really appreciate the added support in the next few weeks. The players have made a fantastic start to the season and it would be awesome to see Roots Hall packed to the rafters to help our boys continue their great start to the season.

If you can, please pop along to the next few games. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Up The Blues !

Yep, I'm all for this. We can all do our bit by asking a potential new fan to come along. Also, we all know someone that has stopped going because of the style of football, value for money, or fed up with all the off the field stuff. Time to give Southend another chance I feel.

Yesterday...
Style of football was excellent (other than the tactics of the away team)
Great value for Money. It was £19 for me and £9 for my son. Much cheaper than the Premiership etc. We saw a penalty save, a red card and two goals
Of the field stuff can be resolved much easier if we put more bottoms on seats

I wholeheartedly agree with the above but would add the following..

If you could please organise yourself into say 3 groups then you will all be able to see a match,this would avoid the club turning away 18000 of you.

Seriously - good post - If we can get something from the 2 away games then we should see an increase in attendances particularly as the Friday games start to kick in soon.

Yesterday...
Style of football was excellent (other than the tactics of the away team)
Great value for Money. It was £19 for me and £9 for my son. Much cheaper than the Premiership etc. We saw a penalty save, a red card and two goals
Of the field stuff can be resolved much easier if we put more bottoms on seats

i really think something should be done with the Basildon/East London are near West Ham to try and pull people in. A lot cheaper for a family to go to Southend than West Ham.

i really think something should be done with the Basildon/East London are near West Ham to try and pull people in. A lot cheaper for a family to go to Southend than West Ham.

East London, forget it. Basildon has always been an untapped Gold Mine. Yes we know it's mainly a West Ham town, with the rest supporting other London clubs, but some of them could start looking East instead of West, especially when taking a family to football. The cost of watching Spam for a family is a joke.
About time S.U.F.C did some promotional work in Basildon. Having spoken to some football fans from Basildon, they just need a little nudge to start watching Southend. They need reminding that Southend is their local club.

You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. I think a lot of fans stay away because they haven't been entertained in previous seasons and have just had enough. I also think that there is still a lot of hate for the current hierarchy. What I will say is that this current squad has nothing to do with that and actually really graft away to get results to be proud of and the least they deserve is for the occasional fan to give them a chance.

West Ham will always be West Ham. Spurs will always be Spurs etc. They won't change their team, and I wouldn't expect them to. What we need is the next generation of local kids that want to support their local professional team. We have a massive fanbase, where SUFC is their 2nd favourite team. All I ask is that a few more pop over for the next few games to lend their support. You never know, they might be pleasantly surprised by the standard of play.

Nice post. I was expecting it to be a dig at fans like me who can only get to a few games a year, but it is a well written reminder to everyone who (hopefully) enjoyed Wembley that Southend are playing every week and possibly not too far from them to make the journey to see them and join in what, hopefully, is going to be a sensational season. I know I will be cheering from the stands as often as I can.:thumbsup:

This is one of the main aims of SUISA , to try to engage with fans who no longer attend or do so only rarely.

We had several volunteers distributing leaflets to shops and outlets and at railway stations advertising yesterday's game.

The more helpers we get the better and if we get more people , with the club's assistance, perhaps we could expand the areas we can cover.

East London, forget it. Basildon has always been an untapped Gold Mine. Yes we know it's mainly a West Ham town, with the rest supporting other London clubs, but some of them could start looking East instead of West, especially when taking a family to football. The cost of watching Spam for a family is a joke.
About time S.U.F.C did some promotional work in Basildon. Having spoken to some football fans from Basildon, they just need a little nudge to start watching Southend. They need reminding that Southend is their local club.

Well Basildon United or Billericay Town are to be fair but it's all about how low down the leagues you go

This is one of the main aims of SUISA , to try to engage with fans who no longer attend or do so only rarely.

We had several volunteers distributing leaflets to shops and outlets and at railway stations advertising yesterday's game.

The more helpers we get the better and if we get more people , with the club's assistance, perhaps we could expand the areas we can cover.

Can't stress this enough

What was the net effect of the advertising of the Northampton do you reckon? If it's possible to measure that.

Especially as we have a number of Friday night games coming up, so they won't miss their beloved West Ham game the day after.

What was the net effect of the advertising of the Northampton do you reckon? If it's possible to measure that.

Unfortunately there was no "Money off with this voucher" offer so we will never know how successful it was.

We will know if people need to bring the leaflets to the ticket office to obtain discounts or other special offers.

Unfortunately there was no "Money off with this voucher" offer so we will never know how successful it was.

We will know if people need to bring the leaflets to the ticket office to obtain discounts or other special offers.

Like the club should have done with Wembley ticket stubs, to try and retain some of the 'part-timers' that went to Wembley. Still think they missed a trick there.

the Friday night games are where we should see more fans through the gate and im all up for that cant beat a game under the lights on a Friday night:smile:

Couldn't the club do a deal on the leaflets where if you text in a number on the leaflet you get 2 for 1 for certain games? Or quote it at the ticket office and do it every few months?

Back