• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 28 2004,15:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 28 2004,15:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 28 2004,15:03)]Yes, I am talking about Jeroen Boere... top pro who lived for Southend United Football Club AND its supporters.
And used to have an eye for goal

rock.gif

biggrin.gif
Cruel post alert!
tounge.gif
Rather have a one eyed Boere than Graeme Jones or Tony Richards any day !

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 28 2004,15:03)]One name springs to mind of a 'big name' who had passion for the Shrimpers... gave his all and cared for nothing but our club.

Yes, I am talking about Jeroen Boere... top pro who lived for Southend United Football Club AND its supporters.
You're lucky it's Friday and I'm in a benevolent mood... Don't fuggin' try that on a Monday, that's all I'm saying...

wow.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 28 2004,16:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 28 2004,15:03)]Yes, I am talking about Jeroen Boere... top pro who lived for Southend United Football Club AND its supporters.
You really should use a smiley to indicate sarcasm.
Not when your waiting to see Matt go off on one.
wink.gif

He's never on line when you want him to be!

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 28 2004,16:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 28 2004,15:03)]One name springs to mind of a 'big name' who had passion for the Shrimpers... gave his all and cared for nothing but our club.

Yes, I am talking about Jeroen Boere... top pro who lived for Southend United Football Club AND its supporters.
You're lucky it's Friday and I'm in a benevolent mood... Don't fuggin' try that on a Monday, that's all I'm saying...

wow.gif
mad.gif
Eye-eye... he's back on line.

wink.gif

(ooohhh... I winked... bet Jeroen can't do that)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 28 2004,15:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 28 2004,15:25)](ooohhh... I winked... bet Jeroen can't do that)
That's odd, I've always thought that he was a bit of a winker...
See(or not) what happens if you go into a Tokyo night club singing Enola Gay !

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 28 2004,08:38)]Bet Mike Vader is working feverishly at his PC, trying to work out a way to move signatures to the Games Room.
biggrin.gif
** wheeze ** ** wheeze **

There must be way ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 28 2004,11:13)]True, but without sounding too much like I am agreeing with FM, Beard came to us from Kingstonian.
But IIRC he first came to us from Sheffield United ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 28 2004,11:06)]... there are examples of low budget teams being a success, Lincoln is a good example ... don't break the bank but be competitive.
Do you actually read back to yourself what you've written, FM?! Is not the very fact that players like Constantine have considered moving elsewhere for more money indicative of the fact that SUFC are working extremely hard NOT "to break the bank" and therefore put the football club in a position from which it might never recover?! We can be competitive without throwing about money we haven't got by making sure that we hone a set of players who are both committed to the cause and consistently receptive to training, something which I think we saw once Tilson and Brush took over ...

WS

But if that's all the budget allows? So you advocate bankrupting the club to keep a player? I guess you don't remember the Whelan years then?

WS

Kevin Maher is on more than £700 ? and Jay Smith and others no doubt !

No doubt. But it's likely that the budget already accounts for these contracts ...

WS

So you think its fair to offer Jay Smith a guy who has been injuryed for half the season £1000 a week and then 2 weeks later offer the 25 goal top scorer 300 quid less.

I cannot comment since I don't know the specific details of player contracts and neither do you, FM. Mere speculation doesn't add to the debate.

But, for what it's worth, I'd rather have Jay Smith in the side than Leon Constantine, who in my opinion had a lucky season and I very much doubt will score 25 goals in a season again in a long while ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 28 2004,21:58)]But, for what it's worth, I'd rather have Jay Smith in the side than Leon Constantine, who in my opinion had a lucky season and I very much doubt will score 25 goals in a season again in a long while ...

WS
I hope your right ...

My right what? Arm? Leg?

Or do you mean "you're right"?!

wink.gif

I believe Constantine will NOT knock home 25 goals next season or the season after that. He is not a player like Martin Carruthers who used to knock them regularly for whoever he played for at the time.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 28 2004,22:05)]Kevin Maher is on more than £700 ? and Jay Smith and others no doubt !
After being at the club for so long, and being our captain, i should hope Maher IS on more than GBP700.

Connie was offered a pay rise of 40%. Now, if he stayed at the club and continued to perform and to receive 40% pay rises... he'd be earning a huge whack.

We don't know what Jay Smith is on... but we know he's been offered a claused contract linked to his fitness... and yes... he's been at the club for two periods of negotiations and when in the team, proved his worth season after season.

Back