• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am only 16, and i don't care what anyone thinks right, but i really just can't believe some people on here, slating Tilly- yes we have played shocking of late, but re-wind to Saturday 29th April 2006, 16:55pm, and what you will get is Shrimpers fans celebrating the clubs back to back promotions, and then a week later the title win (all which was unexpected). And now, nearly a year on it's all doom and gloom! Yes we are all Southend fans, and have been for years (well except those who joined on April 29th 2006 at 17:00pm) and we are all entitled to our own opinions, because we love this club, but it just really pis$e$ me off that all you can do is slate Tilly, after all his done for this club- if he hadn't of taken over we could be mid-table in the conference, or maybe league two at the moment (if we were lucky), with Steve 'poxy' Wignall at the Helm, after being re-appointed because know one wanted to manage us! I know you will say the promotions (back to back) and 2 consecutive LDV finals are in the past, yes they are, but we could of been competing in the FA Trophy vs St Albans (no disrespect) if we didn't have Tilly! But unexpectedly we get 2 consecutive promotions, which i think, last seasons one was to early! But now how the tides have turned, i bet half of you on here wouldn't have the guts to go and confront Tilly, face to face about this slump!!
Your probably thinking to yourselfs (don't worry this kid is only 16, he doesn't know what he is talking about) but i love this club, and it hurts me week in week out (lately) to not be at the Southend games because of work, and seeing todays result on Sky just summed it all up! But im not going to moan, criticise or slate anyone, because i know that what Tilly has done for us over the last two-three years has been something of a miracle, no other manager would have done that, and on a limited budget too!
So please, some of you on here get your heads out of your backsides, and wake up and smell the coffee, it fooks me off reading threads on here from people that the next week, when southend grab a point at Preston, creaming over it and then saying; 'You know what, Tilly is a legend, we are staying up', when the week before 'we were going down'!
Some of you need a reality check, the last two-three years we have been spoilt, and that has gone to your heads!!!!!!!

Agreed. Yes, everyone has the right to discuss and disagree with his selections but it gets very personal from some people and that is out of order.

I don't think anyone is saying that Tilly is anything accept a Legand for his previous Seasons, HOWEVER that does not make him beyond critisism, he has made mistakes this season simple as. I just hope he learns from these and builds for the future. As with Tilly in charge and Brush Behind him we are a much better club for it.

Long live T & B

Oh god we do really take life a bit seriously dont we!!!!
Most on here have forked out hard earned DOLLAR on a SEASO and when the players play like they dont give a **** its very annoying.

As you all know VIP BLUE is normally a bit of a RISE taker but on this occasion im 100% serious......

OVER AND OUT........

Back