• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
To all those who are now lobbing various objects in my direction, I will let you know that I have spoken with "Wiggy" directly on other means and we have resolved this issue. In fact it seems that I now know her real identity. And that is the end on that particular subject. We have agreed to "attack" only each other and in the words of "Wiggy" : "Let battle commence!" We both see the funny side now; it's a shame some do not.

Which brings me to "Barnabas", who seems so keen to take away the "high horse" accolade that "Barmy Army" once afforded to myself ... well, you are very welcome to it. Your PC rant reminds me of why I left the UK in 2003 to find a happier, welcoming set of faces (as well as being able to play conkers without having to refer to the nanny state's guidelines with regards to wearing a full set of body armour and a Kevlar helmet).

My sense of humour may not appeal to all but that does not mean that you should treat me like a child just because it doesn't agree with your own little set of rules. If you didn't like it, then why didn't you just ignore and carry on regardless? There was no need to embark of your long-winded tirade which quite frankly bored the pants off me. When I started this forum back in 2001 along with Scriv, I hoped that it would become a fun place to be. There are plenty of original members who have failed to post because it is no longer that place. And that is a real shame ...

glare.gif

FAO - "The Flying Scotsman" : come on, Dave, you can do better than that; you haven't even riled me at all!!

tounge.gif

WS

probably a bad time Mike to tell you that some boroughs are chopping down apple trees in roads in case an apple falls on someone and they get sued. Oh don't you just love lawyers.

biggrin.gif

Still I've always found Spaniards the most morose bunch of c%&ts I've ever met. Chacun a son gout as they say.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Aug. 04 2005,12:58)]Still I've always found Spaniards the most morose bunch of c%&ts I've ever met. Chacun a son gout as they say.

smile.gif
... in FRANCE!!

Incidentally I think the feeling is mutual here in Spain so we kinda cancel each other out!

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 04 2005,13:07)]Thats all well and good, but I still dont want to hear about your fackin swimming pool

cool.gif
I'm gonna send you a piccie of it now ...

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 04 2005,16:34)]This place is becoming way too serious. Its a shame ORM is away both on work/ill ...

oops.gif
Is it?  
rock.gif

tounge.gif

I agree that it's hard to see why some people would take such offence at something posted on a football club's message board, and I share XS's concern for anyone who wants to post 1,000+ word essays on what constitutes ethical posting which could be condensed into a single paragraph. Even aside from the nannying aspect of it, is there really nothing they'd rather be doing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Aug. 04 2005,11:58)]probably a bad time Mike to tell you that some boroughs are chopping down apple trees in roads in case an apple falls on someone and they get sued. Oh don't you just love lawyers.

biggrin.gif

Still I've always found Spaniards the most morose bunch of c%&ts I've ever met. Chacun a son gout as they say.

smile.gif
Apple trees in roads sounds very dangerous. What if a car drove into the tree?

If lawyers are suggesting that the council removes them to stop people driving into trees, or apples falling from the tree and injuring people, surely lawyers should be praised for preventing injury. This sounds to me like a most worthy profession, especially given that prevention is better than cure, so surely this makes lawyers even more worthy than doctors and nurses and law must therefore be the most honourable profession.

I can certainly see why you express your admiration for lawyers.

Whilst we have established that lawyers (or probably more accurately solicitors - barristers just waffle on) are very good, I think its probably taking it a step too far to suggest that they are divine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Aug. 04 2005,18:34)]Shouldn't this be in "The Pub"
No. Well, certainly not yet because it us directly related to the "feud" between myself and Wiggy. Few people visit The Pub forum and a wider audience is required ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 04 2005,17:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Aug. 04 2005,18:34)]Shouldn't this be in "The Pub"
No. Well, certainly not yet because it us directly related to the "feud" between myself and Wiggy. Few people visit The Pub forum and a wider audience is required ...

WS
But this fourm is titled Shrimpers Chit Chat and this has nothing to do with the Shrimpers, therefore it shouldn't be in it.

Anyways, do that many people that visit this site actually bothered that you two have settled your differences? I know I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back