• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Well tomorrow we face the Gills and its like this.

Leave home battle the traffic down the A13 and the dartford tunnell. Make my way to pikey town and have a bite to eat and drink and pay a rediculous £23 for my 4th away game of the season.

The previous 3 away games i have been to have ended in defeated and i cant see anything other than another defeat or at best a draw tomorrow. I have been to gillingham probably 6 times and seen 5 defeats and 1 win which was back in the 90's.

I also object to giving that tube scally any money let alone a premier league ticket price to get soaked in a deathtrap of a stand watching league 2 football.

£10 petrol
£23 ticket
£10 food and drink
EDITED Tunel 1.50 each way £3
Total cost £43/46

The other option is to come home stay warm and dry save money and time and listen on bbc essex and watch some champions league football with a takeaway and a good few beers.

Its the first time i have had such a dilema for such a local fixture that i have been able to attend.

I have just done 3 trips and spent quite a bit of money and dont know if i can be arsed .

Its a rare dilema. Anybody else feel the same.

So to go or not to go?

Last edited:
Its not a dilemma mate, its a no-brainer ...

Home. Sweet. Home.

I dont feel the slightest bit bad but come 7.44pm i might feel about 2% guilty!

Well tomorrow we face the Gills and its like this.

Leave home battle the traffic down the A13 and the dartford tunnell. Make my way to pikey town and have a bite to eat and drink and pay a rediculous £23 for my 4th away game of the season.

The previous 3 away games i have been to have ended in defeated and i cant see anything other than another defeat or at best a draw tomorrow. I have been to gillingham probably 6 times and seen 5 defeats and 1 win which was back in the 90's.

I also object to giving that tube scally any money let alone a premier league ticket price to get soaked in a deathtrap of a stand watching league 2 football.

£10 petrol
£23 ticket
£10 food and drink

Total cost £43

The other option is to come home stay warm and dry save money and time and listen on bbc essex and watch some champions league football with a takeaway and a good few beers.

Its the first time i have had such a dilema for such a local fixture that i have been able to attend.

I have just done 3 trips and spent quite a bit of money and dont know if i can be arsed .

Its a rare dilema. Anybody else feel the same.

So to go or not to go?

i know exactly how you are feeling, except it will cost me more as there are 3 of us. I have been to Gillingham many times and seen us beaten most of them from the day we lost 8-1 there i had one of those feelings that it wasnt going to be one of the best places to visit and last years 2 performances didnt help. As for the ticket prices they are astronomical. We have come to the decision that Barnet next week is going to be the place to go, a lot cheaper and a lot less pikey (mind you my record of visits there isnt very good either !!!)

Yep, agree with all of the above. I've done most of the away games so far this season, but I've had this down as one not to bother with from the very start.

There is one downer about not going and that is, YOU DON'T GET TO SEE THE LADS in blue!

I hate Gillingham, but I'm going, also because I have a very good feeling!

Ive woke up this morning and decided against going. So bbc essex for me tonight. May go barnet away as i havent been there for quite some time.

I hate Gillingham, but I'm going, also because I have a very good feeling!

We're gonna get spanked!!! *

* - DISCLAIMER - before the "stop being so negative" comments start flying - I've got a history of saying this and us then having a storming away win, Bristol City 05/06, Bournemouth 08/09 & Bradford 10/11 spring to mind.

Been several times, not a great ground, a weather bound away 'stand', OTT cost of ticket £20-£23 (midweek game too!) - thus I save my pennies to hopefully take the kid(s) on the last away game of the year.

That said, still wish I could go secretly and cheer on the lads!

I already have my Gillingscum badge. I have no further desire to put my life at risk again, least of all on a Tuesday night when rain is certainly probable. Besides... Barnet's a 20 minute journey from the office and my life is considerably safer.

Last edited:
My only dilema was whether to bother straightening the barnet or not but weather conditions look okay for this evening so I have! Can't wait to sit on the scaffolding again!!! :stunned:

Surprisingly never been to the Gills so crossing this one off the list tonight. Last away game for a while so gotta be done. Sounds like we might be able to count the away fans on two hands tonight then?

Surprisingly never been to the Gills so crossing this one off the list tonight. Last away game for a while so gotta be done. Sounds like we might be able to count the away fans on two hands tonight then?

Yep. Cannot see more than about 400 there. **** place to go at that time and £23 to sit on that ramshackle open air stand, is a **** take. Fair play to all those going. It really is one of the grimmest away days on the calendar.

Been several times, not a great ground, a weather bound away 'stand', OTT cost of ticket £20-£23 (midweek game too!) - thus I save my pennies to hopefully take the kid(s) on the last away game of the year.

That said, still wish I could go secretly and cheer on the lads!

£23 for any game in league two is a right rip off, charlton had the cheek to charge dagenham fans £25 for a ticket and i think that is a bit too much for league one.

Terrible journey, terrible facilities, terrible town, terrible rip off prices, terrible chav locals, virtually no chance of winning.

I'm going to go to the JPT at Barnet next week instead, far more enjoyable.

£10 petrol
£23 ticket
£10 food and drink
EDITED Tunel 1.50 each way £3
Total cost £43/46
Tunnel is free after 10pm so as long as you don't run back to your car and floor it back to the tunnel that's £1.50 saved. See, now it looks like value.....

I'm going.

I never mind going to other teams grounds, especially when they are dumps, as it makes me appreciate the Hall all the more.

Plus Jekyll and Hyde United are likely to surprise us in either direction. Should be goals and it cannot be worse than the JPT encounter a few weeks back.

Back