• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To keep or not to keep - That is the question (Part 1)

To keep or not to keep

• Total voters

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Simple enough really, these are the players that are currently with the Club, either permanently or on loan. Regardless of their status now, given their performances over the season, which ones would you like to retain for next season? I've had to split this into two threads as I can't get all the players in one poll. So this one is Keepers and defenders. Just click on the ones you want to keep.

Part of the equation is their availability to keep if they were wanted. No player relishes sinking into non league football and some will definitely get picked up by league sides who's scouts will be sniffing around already based on last nights results. Players like Hobson, Clifford, Hart, haven't harmed their cause with their performances, though some will doubt Clifford's durability at league level. Players like Macca and Holmes may not find clubs willing to take the risks of injury strewn appearances which is why they are at southend. Similarly, will a club take a risk on JW. In his favour, he never seemed to push for too much money. Slightly different circumstances is JD who has managed his fitness better than most, but who understandably isn't flavour of the month. Was the subject of offers in recent windows from a local club and Cyprus but wanted to stay with southend.
Oxley may still be keen to go back up north.
A lot of the players are probably as fed up with RM as we are with them and RM.
Hlane17 could be spot on when the dust settles. If we get mathematically relegated next game, will the following two games become a shop window? I hope Southend don't go into the next season with a handful of retained crocks. A clean sweep may be best which is far more common each season in non league

Hobson
Clifford
Ferguson
Nathaniel-George
Sim
Rush
Keep these they will be better a Lge below although Clifford may get a Lge club,

Back