• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To keep or not to keep - That is the question (Part 1)

To keep or not to keep

• Total voters
He's got less than half the votes.

Fair enough, althought the question was which ones would you like to keep. I read that as offer a contract to. If we don't offer him a contract we won't get a fee for him!

Sir,

Having now read the accompanying post and not just the poll, I see that you are correct and I am not. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Oh well, scrapping my selections and starting again in the light of this information will keep me amused for a while tomorrow, so it's not all bad.

#S.L.M.

Clifford, Hobson and White. I think White would accept an appropriate wage, and his experience will be invaluable.

Clifford will go so its would be a good idea to try and keep the current best LB....Ralph.

The crocks need to go. Yes White is experienced but he is injury prone and part of 2 or 3 awful southend sides! Hobson alongside a more physical CB would be a decent partnership. Elvis I am never sure of, he looks good at times but then awful at others. Clifford i like, Hart sorry dont see what the fuss is about a poor defender and as a midfielder doesnt contribute much.

Clifford will go so its would be a good idea to try and keep the current best LB....Ralph.
No way we should keep Ralph IMO. Always injured, been part of two poor squads to come through this place.

No way we should keep Ralph IMO. Always injured, been part of two poor squads to come through this place.

Why blame your own player for getting a season ending red card unpunished tackle?

I think it's best to vote for this once the dust has settled. I appreciate at this moment in time many would be happy to never see some of these play for us ever again, but I actually think a complete clear-out would be detrimental. Of course this is all dependant on who the manager is, and I'd have more faith in stability if MM was still here, but there's still a core of players there who genuinely are good enough.

The one thing I would add though is we can't afford to carry any injury prone players. Might be seen as harsh on some, but this would include the likes of Gard, Ralph etc. High earners need to go regardless. Everyone out of contract should also be offered reduced terms as well naturally. Do not break the bank for any of this lot

Back