• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To sum it all up...

The communicated managerial signature for early this week didn’t happen. But debts appear to have been cleared. One of the leading candidates sent out a cryptic tweet that could have been interpreted/misinterpreted for anyone’s agenda, another unexpectedly and suddenly found themselves in the spotlight at their current club which might well have thrown existing plans into disarray, a former popular player resigned from his post, and the well-renowned international who would have been our manager or director of football or investor or any of the above in combination was linked with a consortium bid with another club.

So it can only be speculation now, but we certainly live in interesting (if frustrating) times.

Did I miss anything? So what’s your gut feeling now on what actually happened this week, and what do you think pans out next week? My money was on us moving for Barrett before Harris resigned and changed things.

As for the manager giving the team talk tomorrow, it actually did turn out to be an ex-Blue - only in the form of Anthony Wordsworth.

I can’t help but think with all the other managerial vacancies (a fair few at clubs bigger than ours) the candidate we had lined up is now going/or in advanced negotiations with another club.

An official announcement pre match or shortly after. Otherwise a further spanner has been negligently discarded somewhere

This possibly wasnt the response you were quite looking for but I feel I should share it.
In the light of this terrible torture of the Management saga, allied to Brexit , I have decided to take up practising self mortification. I have crafted a a small metal chain with inwardly pointing spikes ( Celice ) and attached it to my inner thigh. Tightening the Celice on each hour strangely brings relief

My guess is we were about to sign Sol Campbell but he heard Sunderland was available and promptly did the dirty on Uncle Ronald and reneged on any agreement.

All very strange, after all nothing in his playing career would suggest he would betray any trusts, of course.:Winking: And in no way could he be considered a narcissistic mercenary who'd have left us in a heartbeat when things dont go well.

My guess is we were about to sign Sol Campbell but he heard Sunderland was available and promptly did the dirty on Uncle Ronald and reneged on any agreement.

All very strange, after all nothing in his playing career would suggest he would betray any trusts, of course.:Winking: And in no way could he be considered a narcissistic mercenary who'd have left us in a heartbeat when things dont go well.

Someone said earlier Sunderland have been given permission to talk to Ainsworth?

At a guess, i would say AB was being lined up as Manager but the whole Harris/Millwall situation has delayed the appointment. This will likely be resolved immenently allowing AB to joining us as hoped.

This will be supplemented by Henrick McLarsson being appointed in a Director of Football role heading up a new consortium investment that explains the recent financial developments.

Either that or RM has made contact with an alien species and is using our newly found telepathy skills to interview candidate #5 from afar while also negotiating a new trade deal with the rest of the free world as part of his plans for world domination.............

However this pans out it must be good news for SUFC :Happy::LoyalSupporter:

Perhaps the strong rumour of a Scandinavian Consortium (lead by Dennis Bergkamp, Henrik Larrson, and Dirk Kuyt, with Netherlands manager Ronald Koeman acting as an adviser) and their possible investment/takeover of the club has stalled.

This follows Ron's visit to Stockholm at the beginning of the week, (I do not believe he went all the way there to interview back room staff?), and importantly the large number debentures/loans etc all being paid or satisfied in full across Ron's multitude of companies all dated Wednesday 9th Oct.

Perhaps they could not proceed at the moment, as they have found issues while conducting due diligence on some of Ron's companies and/or plans?

I wonder if a ‘Waddock Inspired’ victory tomorrow will complicate things further ?

Doubt it , and he wouldn’t be my choice , but think the fella has handled all this with dignity

One thing is certain it’s never boring being a fan of Southend be it staying up on the last day or making appointing a Manager a nerve rack heart a tack providing ordeal, its always fun I think!

At a guess, i would say AB was being lined up as Manager but the whole Harris/Millwall situation has delayed the appointment. This will likely be resolved immenently allowing AB to joining us as hoped.

This will be supplemented by Henrick McLarsson being appointed in a Director of Football role heading up a new consortium investment that explains the recent financial developments.

Either that or RM has made contact with an alien species and is using our newly found telepathy skills to interview candidate #5 from afar while also negotiating a new trade deal with the rest of the free world as part of his plans for world domination.............

However this pans out it must be good news for SUFC :Happy::LoyalSupporter:
This has been my thinking all along! Didn't get the Larsson thing to begin with but after hearing the Wycombe rumour makes sense now

Te Dutch connection makes sense with such convenient flights from Amsterdam to Southend. Plus drugs are much easier to buy in Essex and you don't have to pay for sex.

Ron's statement is in double Dutch and it's a case of trying to decipher what he's trying to say.With it being international w/e we have missed a chance of a few more punters on seat after a good managerial appointment. Which leaves us with this week being more of the same and a disappointing appointment or a new beginning with a totally fresh set up.
Being a Shrimper prepare for for the worst!!

Back