• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update To the Silent Majority. The Bare Facts. The Result.

It really is amazing to see the kindness of people whenever we do these plea for donations.

If I wasn’t a mod I would continue to post on here and before I was part of the modding team I was an avid poster. As others have said this is the best place to come for Southend United information. We have been known to be the first on numerous occasions to break news with some very ‘in the know’ posters.

I have looked at various other forums and this is just miles ahead of others. Some like the Echo website are just littered with advertising and just not easy on the eye. I feel SZ has just got better and better over the years unlike the football team we centre ourselves around.

We know it’s not always the most pleasant at times and we do try our best to let people have freedom of speech. Unfortunately to make this place less toxic and not end up like the unmoderated Southend Facebook group we have had to make sacrifices. Not all will agree but as a collective behind the scenes we discuss what is best for this place. We try our best and know we won’t please everyone. But we do it with the best intentions of the forum and making this place great for all posters.

As another poster said it says a lot about this place that we have so many regulars who don’t even support Southend.

Thank you all for the donations so far and please keep it up, it really does help and is really appreciated. It makes all of the hours the team put in worthwhile.

Just donated. Checked bank balance and donated the majority to the zone. That sounds a lot, Lol, but due to current circumstances, it's not a lot. Will do another when I can. I think the only good reason not to donate anything, is being skint, or in financial difficulty. Come on guys, it all helps, no matter how big or small.

@Cricko Came back to suggest a premium membership scheme and others had already done it. May be hard technically to do, but was thinking something like £5 a month for unlimited posts otherwise it’s capped at I don’t know, 25 posts a month or something.

Also £2000+ sounds a lot for hosting a forum. I know there’s plenty of historical data to pull from but have you looked around for alternatives to reduce costs?

Tbf there are very few if any issues when browsing the zone in terms of speed or errors which is great but also seems you’re paying an absolute premium for that. May be worth another look around.

final idea is a sz lottery. Our kids school does one and makes a decent amount. Assume would need some sort of license at a certain level though, but a weekly (or even monthly) sz lottery could be fun. £1 a week, say a 1000 do it, give away 500 in prizes and make 500 toward zone?

Back