• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update To the Silent Majority. The Bare Facts. The Result.

Think you still have our old freeserve address and they gave up being a server years ago. Can we have a star please as we have set up a direct debit via PayPal. Thanks for all your hard work keeping us exiles up to date.
How do we update our email BTW?

Hi, you can update it in your profile or send me a PM with it and i will do it for you.

?‍♂️ All I did was add a suggestion on how to raise some cash and also add a little tracker (people are more likely to donate if there is a target) and all the owners get their y-fronts in a twist as if I’m challenging them and delete my posts.

Either this is “our zone” and questions should be welcomed and answered or it’s “your zone” and you can shut down ideas and therefore reduce you chances of additional funding.

Set a target bigger than needed with an end of season party funded by a % over the amount raised (keeping some for emergency) and people could “chuck a pint for the party” every now and again as well.

If you need to beg for cash every year, I would suggest being more open to ideas on how to raise funds would be a step forward and you may raise a bit more outside the same clique then help out.

But hey, I’ll just keep using it for free for now until you all want to be a bit more open ??

I've been away for the weekend so have missed all of this... but I'm seriously amazed at some of the messages from you. I'm guessing that you're probably the bloke who is last to the bar and then disappears to the loo when it's your round.

Not sure if you live in Dubai, but as it is a tax free country no-one contributes to the running of that either. Oh the irony.

If you're going to use this site for free and not contribute, why bother giving your pearls of wisdom as to how the mods and owners - who do all this for nothing for your and my pleasure and entertainment - can entice a freeloader like you to be more inclined to contribute to a service they use? And then you use the word transparency, when everything is there for you to see if you can be bothered to find it and you clearly can't, instead expecting the people asking for the support SO THEY CAN CONTINUE SERVING US FOR NOTHING to spend even more time and effort breaking it down into nugget size pieces to present it so you can understand it without having to waste your oh so special time in doing a bit of research looking for it.

Do you think this runs on fairy dust? Do you think one of the owners is running this on the back of their home TalkTalk account or something? Have you any idea how many hours these people have to spend moderating posts to make sure no-one says anything that can land them in legal difficulties?

Look, I know you were probably trying to be helpful, but this isn't being run as a "for profit" business; it's several people giving up their time and money in order to service us. Therefore, if the tone of this causes offence, then quite frankly, good.

In short, put your hand in your pocket to help make a tiny contribution for something that you use, even if it's for a fiver, and stop being an absolute knob.

I've been away for the weekend so have missed all of this... but I'm seriously amazed at some of the messages from you. I'm guessing that you're probably the bloke who is last to the bar and then disappears to the loo when it's your round.

Not sure if you live in Dubai, but as it is a tax free country no-one contributes to the running of that either. Oh the irony.

If you're going to use this site for free and not contribute, why bother giving your pearls of wisdom as to how the mods and owners - who do all this for nothing for your and my pleasure and entertainment - can entice a freeloader like you to be more inclined to contribute to a service they use? And then you use the word transparency, when everything is there for you to see if you can be bothered to find it and you clearly can't, instead expecting the people asking for the support SO THEY CAN CONTINUE SERVING US FOR NOTHING to spend even more time and effort breaking it down into nugget size pieces to present it so you can understand it without having to waste your oh so special time in doing a bit of research looking for it.

Do you think this runs on fairy dust? Do you think one of the owners is running this on the back of their home TalkTalk account or something? Have you any idea how many hours these people have to spend moderating posts to make sure no-one says anything that can land them in legal difficulties?

Look, I know you were probably trying to be helpful, but this isn't being run as a "for profit" business; it's several people giving up their time and money in order to service us. Therefore, if the tone of this causes offence, then quite frankly, good.

In short, put your hand in your pocket to help make a tiny contribution for something that you use, even if it's for a fiver, and stop being an absolute knob.

?? The true bit in your post. Don’t understand the aggression tbh.

I've set-up a monthly contribution and am more than happy to do so. As I said to you on Facebook @Cricko - I think you went about this the right way. Perhaps there has been a bit too much fluff around this issue in the past, and (quite understandably) maybe a desire from you guys to not come across as a 'nuisance' by asking for donations. It needed to be laid bare like this in a direct manner to get the attention of posters like myself who didn't realise how expensive it was to run SZ, nor that things were looking shaky in terms of sponsorship. And what a result!

Just goes to show. What have you got to lose by laying it all on the table and making a direct ask? Great stuff.

Back