• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To those who think they know something...

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
What have Junior Agogo, Lloyd Owusu, Chris Powell, Billy Sharp, Rory Fallon, Phil Jevons and Kevin Gall got in common?

Answer - They have all been players that, according to various inside sources, we are about to sign.

Now, what have Freddy Eastwood, Stevie Hammell, Shaun Goater, Luke Guttridge, Simon Francis and Michael Ricketts got in common?

Answer - they are the people we actually DID sign - and in most cases (apart from a cryptic clue about Ricketts) their signings came out of the blue.

So, it goes to show that no matter what someone THINKS they know, even if their source is very reliable, it actually bears no resemblance on the actual and eventual target.

It makes you wonder whether information is "leaked" deliberately so as to throw people off the scent.

blimey FBM, where did that come from? Everything ok?
rock.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 03 2006,15:55)]blimey FBM, where did that come from? Everything ok?
rock.gif
wink.gif
Yeah... just an observation.

I thought it just highlights that we actually know very little about what is really going on. And I include myself in that as well, so it's not intended to attack or annoy anyone.

I never said anyone was going to sign.

wow.gif

However, I do know boring stuff about the new stadium I can't post on here.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 03 2006,16:26)]However, I do know boring stuff about the new stadium I can't post on here.

sad.gif
oo naps in another - i know something you lot don't - shocker!

rock.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 03 2006,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 03 2006,16:26)]However, I do know boring stuff about the new stadium I can't post on here.

sad.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Yeah. a very boring thing which Ive PMed a few people but cant say on the board. its not very exciting, trust me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ July 03 2006,15:19)]What have Junior Agogo, Lloyd Owusu, Chris Powell, Billy Sharp, Rory Fallon, Phil Jevons and Kevin Gall got in common?

Answer - They have all been players that, according to various inside sources, we are about to sign.
We definitely did sign Chris Powell once, I'm sure of it....

tounge.gif

Astutely observed as always, fbm. The only signing that in recent memory was correctly predicted on these boards in recent years has been Mitchell Cole, so far as I can recall.

rock.gif

I've always taken it that if a player is touted on these boards, chances are that he'll end up elsewhere. It's the only reason Zidane hasn't signed, for sure...

biggrin.gif

Thank goodness! I was getting REALLY worried about all these mentions of Matt Lockwood
wink.gif

I think some people are smarter than you give them credit for, fbm. Some people will know a target or two but will keep it as quiet as possible. I knew about us being after Robinson about 5/6 weeks back but wasn't going to go putting it all over SZ, was i!?

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 03 2006,16:41)]
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Yeah. a very boring thing which Ive PMed a few people but cant say on the board. its not very exciting, trust me.
CLIQUE ALERT !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ July 03 2006,17:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 03 2006,16:41)]
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
CLIQUE ALERT !!
hardly, if youre that interested, pm me. i only pmed a few people i thought might be interested.

im not going to pm every single person on here am i, just so people dont think were a clique!

laugh.gif

Good post, im bored with all the names that are flying out just because the forum I suppose has gone a little less active for pre season, so I have thought of a topic that might get a bit of discussion.

I did post that we were after Collis a good month or so before he signed. I also said we'd be signing Griemink a couple of weeks before he arrived. We bid for Jevons in January, just didn't go anywhere.

Can be true in some cases to say signings are more likely to come out the blue, but it also maybe true to say some people don't blab about the juicy info they do know all the time!
wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 03 2006,17:25)]I knew about us being after Robinson about 5/6 weeks back
No you didn't. You lie, you lie.  
rock.gif

blush.gif

oops.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 03 2006,17:25)]I think some people are smarter than you give them credit for, fbm. Some people will know a target or two but will keep it as quiet as possible. I knew about us being after Robinson about 5/6 weeks back but wasn't going to go putting it all over SZ, was i!?

Kev

cool.gif
No mate, the ones that ACTUALLY know keep it to themselves.

The ones that THINK they know stick it on here.

And that's why the players we get are generally surprises - which is exactly the point of the post.

Those people who don't post who we are going to sign or what is going on behind the scenes at roots hall are sensible. Should have never mentioned Lee Hendrie, but then again if it does happen then bragging rights are mine!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 03 2006,16:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ July 03 2006,15:19)]What have Junior Agogo, Lloyd Owusu, Chris Powell, Billy Sharp, Rory Fallon, Phil Jevons and Kevin Gall got in common?

We definitely did sign Chris Powell once, I'm sure of it....

tounge.gif

Astutely observed as always, fbm.  The only signing that in recent memory was correctly predicted on these boards in recent years has been Mitchell Cole, so far as I can recall.

rock.gif

I've always taken it that if a player is touted on these boards, chances are that he'll end up elsewhere.  It's the only reason Zidane hasn't signed, for sure...

biggrin.gif
and who knew about mitchell cole
biggrin.gif

and you all moan thats why i haven't said anything this summer regarding transfers.

i remember our pms about that matt....

knowledge is the bomb

I don't see the harm in it personally. I'm not one to do it myself, but isn't this what the message board is for???

Back