• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Today’s Protest

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Today is the day where we make our stand and we make our voices heard. The weather early on looks wet but from midday it’s going to be dry with temperatures just above 16 degrees so please don’t let the weather put you off.

A lot of work has gone in behind the scenes to make this happen, we have worked with the police who have said as long as everybody is responsible there will be no issues, some have seen a statement from the police deterring fans from attending, let me just say that they have to do that as they are the police, it’s not a threat and as long as everybody behaves there will be no issue from the police what so ever.

There will be representatives from all the groups there from the Trust through to All at sea which shows how well we have done and worked hard to come together.

Bring your flags bring your banners and most of all bring your voices. It’s been all over the news that we are protesting today and larger numbers are predicted so let’s all turn out and show the watching media that Southend fans have had enough and we won’t rest until our club is secure.

Finally I know some people don’t think we should protest and I respect their opinion but many want to and many want to show their dismay and displeasure in numbers.

Please be safe today and respect our clubs security and stewards many whom are SUFC fans themselves.

SAVE OUR SOUTHENDB8C158CA-7DB2-4C4D-98CA-BFE2A51BDDCB.jpeg

Today is the day where we make our stand and we make our voices heard. The weather early on looks wet but from midday it’s going to be dry with temperatures just above 16 degrees so please don’t let the weather put you off.

A lot of work has gone in behind the scenes to make this happen, we have worked with the police who have said as long as everybody is responsible there will be no issues, some have seen a statement from the police deterring fans from attending, let me just say that they have to do that as they are the police, it’s not a threat and as long as everybody behaves there will be no issue from the police what so ever.

There will be representatives from all the groups there from the Trust through to All at sea which shows how well we have done and worked hard to come together.

Bring your flags bring your banners and most of all bring your voices. It’s been all over the news that we are protesting today and larger numbers are predicted so let’s all turn out and show the watching media that Southend fans have had enough and we won’t rest until our club is secure.

Finally I know some people don’t think we should protest and I respect their opinion but many want to and many want to show their dismay and displeasure in numbers.

Please be safe today and respect our clubs security and stewards many whom are SUFC fans themselves.

SAVE OUR SOUTHENDView attachment 15564
Very well said. Good luck to everyone. Please be a credit to Southend United fans everywhere (for Gawd's sake don't smash anything or anyone ?). Take care, stay safe.

Why not lock this post, as one about not representing the majority was locked as pointless by Cricko, same purpose different theme
Seems those again the idea are silenced
Jesus, both view points have been done to death. Let's move on eh.

I am sure another thread or 75 on the same subject will pop up later after the protest.

Latest action - the police had a word with a chap with a projectile in his hand. It was a bath bomb!!!

? ?

Well done to those who have made the effort but it looks a very poor turnout.

I’m not convinced there is much appetite to join in with a protest which has no real agenda.

A few people want Ron out, but I suspect the majority know that if Ron walks then that’s the end of the club as we know it.

Sorry to pi$$ on this parade but the reason for a poor turnout is that the majority believe that whilst Ron has made mistakes they do not believe he has no interest in the fortunes or future of the club.

That is the perception I am hearing and whether it’s reasonable to think that way or not i believe that’s how most fans are seeing this.

And let’s face it who in their right mind would want to take over the reigns of a lower league football club that loses more money each year than most people will ever make in their lifetime.

Things could be far worse.

Back