• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
today29-4-??
Gillingham away 72..Rainham rd end..Leigh comm..Clockwork Orange!!!
Sheff wed away..we lost 2-1?? 30 odd thousand Owls fans
Newoprt county(away) going up..took the whole ground over
this day..29 april..great days,great times

All three for me.
Would love to know how many of our fans went to Hillsborough that Thursday night. I would estimate it was the lowest PROPORTION of Southend fans at any game I have ever seen. There was barely any organised supporters club travel; I went to the game from Bradford (where the following day I had my first exam for my degree at uni). Can't believe our support was into three figures that night. You could have heard a pin drop when we scored. My first trip to Hillsborough and it has subsequently earned a reputation of being my jinks ground. Five visits and five defeats.

And dont forget,we played away at Wrexham ,two days before.
Was at that game as well,think it was 2-2. I missed 3 goals, each time,having a pee in the toilet.
Sadly i forgot i wrote this thread yesterday,...again 3 beers too many

All three for me.
Would love to know how many of our fans went to Hillsborough that Thursday night. I would estimate it was the lowest PROPORTION of Southend fans at any game I have ever seen. There was barely any organised supporters club travel; I went to the game from Bradford (where the following day I had my first exam for my degree at uni). Can't believe our support was into three figures that night. You could have heard a pin drop when we scored. My first trip to Hillsborough and it has subsequently earned a reputation of being my jinks ground. Five visits and five defeats.

Whoever won that game stayed up, & the other relegated. I was told all of that day Radio Sheffield were advertising the game, which probably helped to attract that large crowd.

Talking of that Wrexham game in 1976 :-

_1341178_orig.jpg

Brian Lloyd was our x-keeper,but was that our x- number5..Eddie May??

Looking at that league table, I forgot at first that it was 2 points for a win then.

Having said that, I just did a quick recce as if it was 3 points for a win and it makes pretty much no difference to the league positions of any of the teams. Makes you wonder what all the 3 points for a win fuss is about!

All three for me.

Really ? What do you get up to there ?

Yes, I was at Sheffield that night too and it certainly was the lowest proportion of Southend fans at a big match. There were some midweek away matches in the late sixties where visiting fans barely reached double figures.

Really ? What do you get up to there ?

Yes, I was at Sheffield that night too and it certainly was the lowest proportion of Southend fans at a big match. There were some midweek away matches in the late sixties where visiting fans barely reached double figures.

Tony Hadley was attacked by Wednesdayites at the end of the game and Dave Worthington ran over to help him out.

It was a really intimidating atmosphere from a long while before kick off lasting well past when the ***** won.

W*****s.

I remember seeing Dave Worthington get punched in the face as he left the field.

Back