• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's epic

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
Got back about half an hour ago.

What a game! I hate to rub it in to those who didn't go, but it was one of those games that I'll look back on in years to come and say 'I was there'. Talk about going through the motions! 1st half we were awful, marginally worse than Tuesday night. 2nd half we got the lucky break we needed with the penalty and sending off, and then the 2nd goal changed things around completely. From that point on I thought it would be comfortable but credit to Chesterfield, their heads didn't go down and they came straight back us and caught us napping. 2 quick breaks and 2 well taken goals. Oh dear. But no, that gave us a kick up the arse and we looked like getting back in it. The we get a corner, Gower drills it in, Freddy flicks it on at the near post and the Goat, who everyone is calling to get off, is in the right place to nod it in. 3-3! Then soon after, we get a free kick. Freddy's not letting anyone else have it! You just knew it would go in. Euphoria in the away end and no doubt shock in the home end. I look at the clock, 7 minutes left. From then on we manage to keep it tight and with their keeper hobbling and with Chesterfield having made all of their subs, we probably could've scored another and after a brilliant run by Lawson, Bradbury had a decent chance but never mind.

Great celebrations at the end and outside, even Ron Martin made a brief appearance, with Freddy getting all the plaudits and rightly so, he was a class above the rest. I hope no big clubs were watching today because he was absoloutely phenomental. No disrespect to the other players, Gower had a decent game too again, but he carried the team at times.

Great support today by the way.

Happy days!
biggrin.gif

Back