• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today at Boots and Laces - 8 July 2010

Badger74

Manager
Went down to the training ground again to see what was happening.

1. Simon Francis still training with us but was not involved with group discussions
2. Sturrock took the training today and was blowing his whistle alot and throwing his arms around before sending the squad on a run whilst he was consulting with the other coaches, he was not happy
3. A man in a red top kept talking to Sturrock then he would walk away and go straight back on the phone, looked like he was doing some deals!!!
4. Spoke to a player who does not want to be named and he said that all the team from last year are still 1 month behind with wages and Midenhall was 2 and a half months behind with his wages (Only player to be more than a month behind), which would suggest midenhall is a gonna and he did not turn up til 11.40 for training and looked ****ed off.
5. The player i spoke with also said that the club are not communicating with them regarding what is happening with the club and the players are gutted by this.

So if you have jumped on the bandwagon again, jump off quick as things really are not that rosy!!!

5. The player i spoke with also said that the club are not communicating with them regarding what is happening with the club and the players are gutted by this.

So if you have jumped on the bandwagon again, jump off quick as things really are not that rosy!!!

Shock f**king horror.
I hate to say I told you so but...

1. Simon Francis still training with us but was not involved with group discussions
2. Sturrock took the training today and was blowing his whistle alot and throwing his arms around before sending the squad on a run whilst he was consulting with the other coaches, he was not happy
3. A man in a red top kept talking to Sturrock then he would walk away and go straight back on the phone, looked like he was doing some deals!!!
4. Spoke to a player who does not want to be named and he said that all the team from last year are still 1 month behind with wages and Midenhall was 2 and a half months behind with his wages (Only player to be more than a month behind), which would suggest midenhall is a gonna and he did not turn up til 11.40 for training and looked ****ed off.

THIS is why I am not happy about MY club. I cannot take any pride in supporting a club who treats their players like ****.

this is bad news, I know Ron is on holiday but this is really really dumb, unless of course there is a team meeting planned for then end of the week or something. But even then they should be told that a meeting has been palnned.

Funny aye. Everytime my Dad has been down to Boots and Laces everything is described completely differently, not saying you are trying to do some winding up, but hmm....

this is bad news, I know Ron is on holiday but this is really really dumb, unless of course there is a team meeting planned for then end of the week or something. But even then they should be told that a meeting has been palnned.

Surely the dozy great twonk going on holiday is the dumbest thing ever though.
Or did he want to be "at a safe distance" when all the chickens came home to roost???

Any sign of akinfenwa training with us? He would be the one that looks like the house from police academy.

I spoke to your dad i guess, who turns up for 10 mins when having a break from work???
We spoke about all the above and believe me i like a wind up but this is something that is not funny!!!

Any sign of akinfenwa training with us? He would be the one that looks like the house from police academy.

Akinfenwa wouldn't be a financially viable signing.

Are you aware of the strain it would put the club under to provide a player with XXL shirts for the duration of the season as opposed to a medium?

I spoke to your dad i guess, who turns up for 10 mins when having a break from work???
We spoke about all the above and believe me i like a wind up but this is something that is not funny!!!

Not too sure, I think my Dad only spoke to Seventies North Bank might be wrong though.
Well let's hope those deals you think where being done, where being done, unless they where ordering a pizza.
No sign of big boy Akinfenwa? Any new players?

I find this a little strange.

How come some players are paid yet others aren't? It's almost as if RM is belatedly trying to force out the higher earners.

How come some players are paid yet others aren't? It's almost as if RM is belatedly trying to force out the higher earners.

I presume that is tongue in cheek YB as I think we all know that is a foregone conclusion.

Not too sure, I think my Dad only spoke to Seventies North Bank might be wrong though.
Well let's hope those deals you think where being done, where being done, unless they where ordering a pizza.
No sign of big boy Akinfenwa? Any new players?

He said that he does not go on shrimperszone anymore but his boy does and he passes on all his comments to his son, which i guess is you!!!

He said that he does not go on shrimperszone anymore but his boy does and he passes on all his comments to his son, which i guess is you!!!

Could be, rather possibly, although I suppose someone else could have a son on here.
Any sign of any different players or anything?

I thought it was common knowledge he wasnt paying players who were on the transfer list, preferring to focus on the ones that wanted to be here?

That's what was told to me & posted on SZ several weeks ago.

The rumour from the Wakering area, so their source could have been absolutely anyone ;) , was that the big earners AB, Macca, Mildew & Franno had be told they wouldn't be paid until they found new clubs. I can only presume that meant, based on AB & Macca's situations that we stopped paying them & would not have paid them even when they left thereby breaking their contracts.

That, of course, means we lost out of any transfer fees due which shows I think how parlous our finances are.

Last edited:
That's what was told to me & posted on SZ several weeks ago.

The rumour from the Wakering area, so their source could have been absolutely anyone ;) , was that the big earners AB, Macca, Mildew & Franno had be told they wouldn't be paid until they found new clubs. I can only presume that meant, based on AB & Macca's situations that we stopped paying them & would not have paid them even when they left thereby breaking their contracts.

That, of course, means we lost out of any transfer fees due which shows I think how parlous our finances are.

This has all been driven by agents.

They have engineered a situation whereby their clients are free to sign a deal, on a much higher wage than they would have, if there was a transfer fee involved. So, the player benefits, the agent benefits and SUFC probably break even. Ron probably had no choice, as to keep players on the books would in the long run cost the same, if not more, than releasing them.

And I do not blame the players in any way whatsoever. They have been treated like S**t!!

Could be, rather possibly, although I suppose someone else could have a son on here.
Any sign of any different players or anything?

I can easily clear this up Dave.
I spoke to your dad on Tuesday, and put my report from the training ground on here.

Badger spoke to your dad today.
I arrived just as your dad was leaving and we waved to each other.

More or less the same players as the other day. Training was more intense today, as they step it up.
Corr and Gilbert will arrive shortly.

The Fridge (Akinfenwa) was definitely not there.

Back