• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jamesmut2000

Director
Just got back after belting down the A1 a lot quicker than we went up it.

To be honest we were never in the game today.Darlo were sharper and hungrier than we were and probably the best side I have seen us play so far this season.They pushed the ball about well and had great movement off the ball and our back line could not cope with their 5 man midfield breaking thru ours. If they hadnt stopped trying late on the score could have been higher although Daryl was in good form and saved us a couple of times when you would have put your mortgage on them scoring again!!

I dont know whether it was tiredness from the Col U game but we were second to every ball and the few chances we had were easily snuffed out.I can only actually remember us having two shots on target.Maybe Tilly's new striker will help our goal shortage and if hes anything like Darlos loan strikers then we will do well.

Just hope we can reproduce our recent form on friday night and get back to winning ways!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jamesmut2000 @ Oct. 02 2004,21:23)]Maybe Tilly's new striker will help our goal shortage and if hes anything like Darlos loan strikers then we will do well.
The scary thing is, they are not loan strikers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jamesmut2000 @ Oct. 02 2004,22:23)]Maybe Tilly's new striker will help our goal shortage and if hes anything like Darlos loan strikers then we will do well.
Without delving into these rumours...what new striker?

Personally I see a decent striker as being the difference between mid table (Thankyou
biggrin.gif
) and promotion, but we will need to slim our squad down by another two men to do so! For instance and this isn't my idea, but an objective view. IF we got rid of Drewe, Hunt and possibly another defender we could afford the wages of a bloody good striker. It's no good looking for a league two striker on the fringes or even a good conference striker, somehow we need to entice a first choice league one or two front man.

I would like, at the risk of contradiction, to see Boylan given a chance though, but Jeff King is such a selfish fat b@st@rd he won't give the bloke the chance to prove his worth in the league, Boylan is his Double Half pounder cheese bacon burger dripping with fat and extra topping and no-ones gonna get a bite of him.

I don't have anyone in mind, but it seems the only difference between inconsistency and bloody brilliance this year will be a damn good, though wage heavy, striker!

If I were the board, perhaps I would hedge my bets and go with the current line up, see how Tilly and Brushy fare and if they get 12th place , then invest. That's how I see things at the moment.

If the board are cautious and given our previous eight years, they have every right to be, they will stick with a cheap option to prove Tilly/Brushys worth for a decent mid table before shelling out next year for the real push! ...but come what may we need something special upfront who on the attack makes everyone stand up, because...he looks like he's going to score a goal.

Back