• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Firstly, the ref was a pathetic joke. I won't even go into what I felt about his performance.

Secondly, does anybody know the old bloke in the greens who was taken ill near the end of the game? He's there every game without fail. I for one really hope he's alright. Sitting as close to the incident as I did, it's not something that I really want to be near at a game again. Best wishes go out to him.

Ratings:

Flahavan 6: Kicking was a bit off today for some reason. Could do nothing about either goal, had absolutely nothing to do otherwise.

Jupp 6: WHY HAS HE GOT A NEW CONTRACT!? Another on off performance from him and his attitude when taken off should cost him 2 weeks wages in my opinion. For anyone who couldn't see from their place in the ground, Jupp stormed off down the tunnel when he was taken off, so Tilly ran off after him and dragged him back out. Not only that, when John Stannard tried to buck him up, he was treated to a mouthfull from Mr Jupp. There shouldn't be any place for ego's in the club, and quite what he was throwing a strop for, I don't know.

Cort 7: Pretty solid, and won loads in the air.

Hunt 7: Like Cort, was pretty solid although his work went more unnoticed than Cort's.

Wilson 6: Not a left back, so quite why he was played there again I don't know. Tried his hardest but quite simply isn't good enough.

Constantine 7: I'm not his biggest fan, but going forward he did quite well, especially in the first half. Our problems came though because of the combination of the erratic Jupp and the out of postion Constantine. If he stays, we've really got to stop playing him out of position.

Maher 8: For once the sponsors got the man of the match right. Great performance from the captain and we'll need more of the same next season.

Bentley 6: Put himself about no end until his had to withdraw with what looked like a badly twisted ankle. He should be vital next year after a pre season of full time training.

Nicolau 7: In glimpses he showed the talent that he undoubtedly has, although I was expecting rather more now he was playing in by his own admission, his favourite position. Wasn't helped by the fact that it was Wilson playing at left back and not the left footed Stuart or Jenkins.

Bramble 7: When he's on song, he's our most exciting striker, and he showed what he's got in his locker with his part in the goal. No other player in the squad could've done that. Good in the first half, he rather faded as time went on, although he did fling himself into a few challenges.

Dudfield 7: Worked hard as usual, and very unfortunate not to end up with two goals instead of just the one.

Subs:

Corbett 6: In patches he did alright, although he's not a central midfielder, so why on earth did he play there?

Broughton 6: Did very little to impress once he came on.

Jenkins: Only had two or three touches because of the short time he was on.

One thing that is concerning me is Tilson's continuing persistance with playing people out of postion. When Corbett came on, surely the obvious thing would've have been to play him on the left wing, move Nicolau back to left back and put Wilson in central midfield?

Lastly, the squad must start doing some special training routines on how to defend corners, because it's getting rather silly now.

Not wanting to turn this thread into a ref bashing one, but he was absolutely dire as was the assistant closest to the West in the 1st half.

At least we weren't the only ones who felt penalties should have been awarded:

"The Essex side should have had a penalty when Dufield raced onto a Nicky Nicolau pass and was brought down in the box by Reuben Hazell.

However, Lancashire official Tony Leake waved away the strong protests from the Southend players."

"Substitute Drewe Broughton's late shock appeared to strike Hazell's hand in the penalty but again Mr Leake denied Southend a penalty."

Two extracts from the footymad site, written by a neutral reporter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 08 2004,19:57)]One thing that is concerning me is Tilson's continuing persistance with playing people out of postion. When Corbett came on, surely the obvious thing would've have been to play him on the left wing, move Nicolau back to left back and put Wilson in central midfield?
Extactly what i thought.

As for the blatant penalty that wasn't Dudfield  has said that the referee(i use the term very loosely) told him he was 95% certain it was a spot kick !!!!

rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 08 2004,21:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 08 2004,19:57)]One thing that is concerning me is Tilson's continuing persistance with playing people out of postion. When Corbett came on, surely the obvious thing would've have been to play him on the left wing, move Nicolau back to left back and put Wilson in central midfield?
Extactly what i thought.

As for the blatant penalty that wasn't Dudfield  has said that the referee(i use the term very loosely) told him he was 95% certain it was a spot kick !!!!

rock.gif

rock.gif
So the ref thought it was a penalty, but didn't give it.

Err, something's gotta be wrong there Mr Ref. If you think it's a penalty, you give it. Twonk.

But he didnt think it was a pen so he didnt give it. If he was 100% then yes but only 95% and therefore had some doubt in his mind and didnt give it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 08 2004,19:57)]Secondly, does anybody know the old bloke in the greens who was taken ill near the end of the game? He's there every game without fail. I for one really hope he's alright. Sitting as close to the incident as I did, it's not something that I really want to be near at a game again. Best wishes go out to him.
he sits a coulpe of seats away and in front of me and , like you say he's always there. He was sick and lost a lot of colour but he seemed to be ok when they stretchered him out, was talking though a touch fragile.
Best wishes to him also.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ May 08 2004,23:36)]But he didnt think it was a pen so he didnt give it. If he was 100% then yes but only 95% and therefore had some doubt in his mind and didnt give it
95% is certain enough. 51% tips it... and from there on the decision should start to go in our favour...

Look at it this way... he was only 5% certain it wasn't a penalty.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 08 2004,19:57)]Jupp 6: WHY HAS HE GOT A NEW CONTRACT!? Another on off performance from him and his attitude when taken off should cost him 2 weeks wages in my opinion. For anyone who couldn't see from their place in the ground, Jupp stormed off down the tunnel when he was taken off, so Tilly ran off after him and dragged him back out. Not only that, when John Stannard tried to buck him up, he was treated to a mouthfull from Mr Jupp. There shouldn't be any place for ego's in the club, and quite what he was throwing a strop for, I don't know.
You must be joking ! Juppy gives 100 +% every week. At least he goes down the line unlike so called other wingbacks or wingers !

Totally agree with Banksy....Jupp was good again today and has been I think one of the beter players this seaso. Shame he is such a stroppy *******. He could barely bring himself to clap the fans at the end.

DTS

Back