• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Todays Bench.......

Thought todays bench looked unbalanced.
4 Midfielders ( Maher,Moose,Black & Scannell) and Collis.
Injury after 5 mins to Charlie Mac and no proper striking options.
What happened to Hoops.....I saw him dashing away to the Car Park at 10 to 3.

I really cant understand that by leaving Hooper out! Richards is back from injury too!! Why not have Richards and Hoops on the bench. Shocking choice of subs.

And Gary Hooper was in Nandos eating dinner during the Yeovil game, 'cos he was told he was not needed today, alledgedly.

After scoring 3 goals in two days this week, playing in the game at Bowers at his own request, to show his commitment to the club! A wonder plan that was undone after barely 3 minutes. Marvellous!

Unbelieveable! Today's game was crying out for Hooper, cannot understand the logic in team selection if he was fit and able to play.

I always back Tilly to the hilt but his decision to not have one striker on the bench was pathetic. I thought Black done okay but hoops would have been the much better option IMO.

And yet again an opposition manager showed Tilly the impact subs can have. MArvin Williams turned the game for them.
Why Maher and Mouusa on the bench, neither are going to turn a game.

Alright yes Hooper should have been in the squad but surely it shows how much he actually cares about the club and his team mates when he can't even be bothered to watch the game when he doesn't get picked!!

Nice won Hooper, hope you enjoyed your chicken:finger:

No, having shown the commitment and received yet another slap in the face from the management of this club in the name of appeasement, I think he's been remarkably restrained. Because it's the obvious move when, even if you are third choice of three, and put the effort in and scoreed three in two games in the week and want to play play you are told thanks but no thanks and not even given a place on the bench.
After hearing how today's game turned out I'd have had a wry smile on my face if I was in his shoes.

I was surprised we didnt have a recognised forward on the bench tbh. However, hindsight is such a wonderful art.

I am sure its the same for the clubs who dont have a keeper on the bench only wish they had.

However, none of those players could have really been classed as a forward option. Black did ok but its not his role really.

More of a shock was seeing Harrold parading about in his pants in the tunnel....after he got a broken nose or whatever it was...

Surely if Hooper wasnt on the bench there was a reason.

Tilson wouldnt have thought I dont need a striker so wont have one, theres more to this than meets the eye....

Surely if Hooper wasnt on the bench there was a reason.

Tilson wouldnt have thought I dont need a striker so wont have one, theres more to this than meets the eye....

What, giving Tilly credit for possibly knowing what he's doing? You 'avin a larf? Much rather give him dogs abuse without knowing the facts, thank you very much!

:minger:

Alright yes Hooper should have been in the squad but surely it shows how much he actually cares about the club and his team mates when he can't even be bothered to watch the game when he doesn't get picked!!

If this is the case, and he was in Nando's then i dont blame him! To be told he wasn't needed today was a joke! Yet Maher gets on the bench (one of Tilly's fav's). No striker on the bench was criminal, not even a youth striker.
What is Tilson on??

He was sitting just behind us in the first half, with Liptak and a couple of other players. He may have been there for the 2nd, but I didn't look.

If this is the case, and he was in Nando's then i dont blame him! To be told he wasn't needed today was a joke! Yet Maher gets on the bench (one of Tilly's fav's). No striker on the bench was criminal, not even a youth striker.
What is Tilson on??

Yet again you've jumped the gun without knowing anything for fact. What are you on?

And as for Maher being "one of Tilly's favourites", what utter crap. Tilly has proved time and time again this season that he doesn't have favourites and is brave enough to drop anyone if they aren't performing - Maher being one and also Flahavan and Gower.

For what it's worth, I thought the selection for the bench was bizarre as well but I'd be astonished if Hooper wasn't originally in the 16. I'm guessing he must have picked up some sort of injury in the 24 hours leading up to the game.

Great that is. People slag off Hooper as being no good at all (remember his miss v Bristol Rovers?) and then cry because Tilly has (allegedly) left him out of the squad. Priceless...

Back