• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's Court appearance

Boreham Shrimper

President
In the time honoured tradition, we are on the winding up list to be heard "Not before 11am" today.

This one should be a formality of course but I can't help but feel ever so slightly nervous every time we are in court!

It will be great to knock this one on the head, to finally banish our financial problems for the time being. Then Ron and the rest of the club hierarchy can concentrate their efforts fully on reaching agreement with the final couple of shops on Victoria Avenue and finally get cracking on the new stadium. Here's hoping....

Dismissed according to the Echo
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/8324914.Blues_avoid_administration/

11:40am Wednesday 11th August 2010

THE BLUES have avoided administration after a petition to wind the business up was dismissed this morning.

Southend United were in the High Court in London facing a winding-up order from loan company Charterhouse Commercial Finance over unpaid debts of £140,000.

But the court heard that the debt had been paid off and Mr Registrar Nicholls dismissed the petition.

As a result, HM Revenue and Customs will withdraw its application to put the club into administration.

At a hearing on August 2, an agreement was made with the taxman that they would not wind up the club if they survived today's hearing.

And it's all over!

Fingers crossed we never have to go through this again (I'm not sure how much money I'd put on that though....)

Excellent, aaaaaaaand relax!

Wonder if we'll get official confirmation that the embargo is lifted now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it wasnt explicitly worded to say as much last Friday was it? Just that we HAD registered them, not implicitly that the embargo was actually lifted.

Thats how I took it anyways...

Agreed, the embargo situation was hardly explicitly cleared up - all we heard was that we could register players (thank God for that small mercy...).

I wonder whether there is another signing or two waiting in the wings? Maybe one or two players preferred to see the whole situation resolved before committing, which in all honesty you couldn't blame them for if they also had other offers to consider.

Not that I mind of course but life will seem strange without the weekly court appearances to worry about mind you we still have Ron V hmrc as usual to look forward to but this time its martin dawn involved not us, also Ron V cleaning lady still somewhere in the system. Assume neither of these will affect us but might be of interest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southend_utd/8904988.stm
Southend United survive winding-up order

_44943212_southend_226.gif

Southend United have successfully staved off a winding-up petition in the High Court. The bid was put forward by loan company Charterhouse Commercial Finance Plc who were owed £140,000 by the club.
However, Mr Registrar Nicholls dismissed the petition after it was heard Southend had settled the debt.
The Shrimpers fended off an application to put the club into administration from Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs over unpaid taxes on 2 August.
Chairman Ron Martin had already stated the team had organised funds to cover all arrears for the coming season, with most of the money coming from a partnership with supermarket giant Sainsbury's

Back