• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Can't believe someone was actually arrested and charged of the crime of the century of throwing a toilet roll on the pitch during the JPT game against Dagenham.

The prosecutor states 'Police take a zero-tolerrance approach to incidents like this, it may well be that people think throwing a toilet roll onto the playing area is not a big problem because it is soft.... police ask for these banning orders because of what it could incite'.

The Magistrate did not impose a ban and the offender received a conditional discharge and had to pay £85 costs.

Southend football intelligence officer Det Con Andy Smith said 'We're disappointed by this decision as we try to ensure disorder at Roots Hall is not tolerated'

Just be careful with those streamers you could end up in court!

I can understand the police being sensitive as they had all their toilets stolen last week.
When asked if they had any suspects , a spokesman said "we have nothing to go on"................

I'll get my coat.

Come on Plod just a bit of common sense please, just a word in the earhole would have been enough, just saying.:stunned:

remember in the late 60s,70s,loads of toilet rolls being thrown onto the pitch..no problems.they use to have them in the toilets at roots hall,then they all went "awal",ended up on the thrown onto the pitch,then they used boxed tissues.never looked the same!! but sometimes the away keeper would throw them back into the "pak",only to be used again,or thrown by someone next to the wall, by the pitch,where some 6-10 year old would either reach over and grab one or move rather quickly and get one next to the goal,ready for our next goal/corner..no one cared/moaned..not yet seen anybody injured by toilet paper.

remember in the late 60s,70s,loads of toilet rolls being thrown onto the pitch..no problems.they use to have them in the toilets at roots hall,then they all went "awal",ended up on the thrown onto the pitch,then they used boxed tissues.never looked the same!! but sometimes the away keeper would throw them back into the "pak",only to be used again,or thrown by someone next to the wall, by the pitch,where some 6-10 year old would either reach over and grab one or move rather quickly and get one next to the goal,ready for our next goal/corner..no one cared/moaned..not yet seen anybody injured by toilet paper.
I have. My mates and I went to Millwall (Cold Blow Lane version) with Southend in the sixties. Bog rolls were thrown by Millwall fans into the Southend fans, one of which engulfed one of my mates. Up pops a Millwall skinhead and duly sets fire to said bog roll. My mate was not burnt but he was just a bit shaken. The good old days eh??

Sorry, why on earth did this go to court? You want to be looking at those dick heads who think it's okay to bring flares into grounds...and we've seen a few recently. They can actually KILL YOU!!!! :omg:

Sorry, why on earth did this go to court? You want to be looking at those dick heads who think it's okay to bring flares into grounds...and we've seen a few recently. They can actually KILL YOU!!!! :omg:

sorry oldbluelady,but is not being a dick head "sexist":smile: you must mean "thick head"

It was about the only use for the bog rolls in those Days. The toilet in the North West corner had no lock, no seat and putrid stinking water, with floating stools, because the chain didn't work most of the time. How they got away with it, I don't know. No women's toilet either.
You could run onto the pitch when the ball was up the other end, to retrieve the bog rolls that were thrown as well, as some goalies got fed up picking them up. Then they would rain down again from the North Bank, especially after a Southend goal.

Back in the late 60s early 70s the first thing we did when we got of the bus at the Plough on the way to a game was to raid the toilets in West Road to stock up on toilet rolls .

I al ways thought it took a bit of skill to be able to through one and make it unwind .I must admit I did through 1 or 2 but left it to thoughs that had the knack of it .

It was about the only use for the bog rolls in those Days. The toilet in the North West corner had no lock, no seat and putrid stinking water, with floating stools,

Fans must have been really desperate to use a facility like that, perched inches above the porcelain with an outstretched hand hopefully preventing any other desperate fan from barging in. But 'when you've got to go, you've got to go'!

I remember the toilets at Ilford in the 70s at a cup game the **** trough was a bent over piece of rolled metal .

Back