• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Why is the public media mostly controlled by the rich tax exiles.. I posted this elsewhere so have copied it in here.

..Today's popular media and unfortunately 2 of the top selling papers are run by The Tories...The Sun and Sky- Rupert Murdoch, nothing to do with the country apart from wanting to make money from it..Tax Domicile....The Mail- Viscount Rothermere ..tax exile and lives in one of his homes in France most of the time..inherited wealth. The Telegraph..The Barclay brothers...Tax exiles and registered home Sark.

You wonder why these have no idea about the poor and less fortunate , yet control the mainstream media...Although I have never figured out why the Sun which is meant to be for the working people sells so many copies to the least wealthiest in the country...I think that for one shows how mad it all is. People are entitled to believe what they like, but don't get sucked into the propaganda the rich elite want you to think, after all it is not really them in control, they are just closeting up to their mates.

Is it any wonder that the populous get brainwashed into believing this spin...

Why is the public media mostly controlled by the rich tax exiles.. I posted this elsewhere so have copied it in here.

..Today's popular media and unfortunately 2 of the top selling papers are run by The Tories...The Sun and Sky- Rupert Murdoch, nothing to do with the country apart from wanting to make money from it..Tax Domicile....The Mail- Viscount Rothermere ..tax exile and lives in one of his homes in France most of the time..inherited wealth. The Telegraph..The Barclay brothers...Tax exiles and registered home Sark.

You wonder why these have no idea about the poor and less fortunate , yet control the mainstream media...Although I have never figured out why the Sun which is meant to be for the working people sells so many copies to the least wealthiest in the country...I think that for one shows how mad it all is. People are entitled to believe what they like, but don't get sucked into the propaganda the rich elite want you to think, after all it is not really them in control, they are just closeting up to their mates.

Is it any wonder that the populas get brainwashed into believing this spin...

The media worldwide are controlled by the establishment Imo ,we are force fed what they would like us to believe ,sadly many cannot see the wood through the trees.

Common sense is the only info anyone needs.

Well it would be nice to hear some defence from the right. Or is there none?

Well it would be nice to hear some defence from the right. Or is there none?

What makes you think that the right read The Sun? It's a load of bollocks and can never be considered a serious newspaper. Unless, of course, you really want to know about Sammy of Bournemouth's political preference and her take on the East Lothian Question.

Is it any wonder that the populous get brainwashed into believing this spin...

somewhat selective I feel. The biggest media institution in the country is the BBC, which is institutionally aligned to tax and spend given its funding method.

The Murdoch press supports whoever is likely to win - New Labour through the early 2000s and Cameron in 2010.

most papers are owned in some way by an offshore interest - Ledbedev owns the independent and the a Guardian/Observer are owned by a Cayman Islands trust that exists solely to avoid UK taxes.

in other words, the media is much the same across the political spectrum. It is typically only the left though that think the public are so thick they cannot make decisions for themselves. Why are the left so patronising???

The worlds biggest terrorist attack 9/11 which has so many holes in the government version yet the media offered nothing,no docs,no campaign,no nothing,yet as one they all agreed that a man in a cave (Binny)directed his followers to hit America in such stunning fashion.

Even his own so called death Imo must be questioned,is he really dead ?

It is typically only the left though that think the public are so thick they cannot make decisions for themselves. Why are the left so patronising???

Oh I don't know maybe because the top selling paper readers believe what they read... Now here is a thing as I did find it hard to rebuke your post as you are a fairly clever spin doctor...

I went to a busy local paper shop for about an hour today and stood outside. I watched and asked those that came out with the Sun or the Mail a question.." Do you believe the political angle that the paper you buy portrays.75% said they did and a large majority said of course and they must be right. Staggering really, so in answer to your question, yes most people who take notice of the so called Political content in those rags are either brain washed or dumb.

Not 1 person actually said I take no notice of that part of the paper as a few just walked off mumbling.

I am not saying anybody should believe any headline from any paper to be fair, but the shock and awe of some of the headlines those papers print is quite frankly just scare mongering at the highest level and mostly untrue to try to influence their readers.

The BBC are so right wing now it is ridiculous.(waits for those that say it is left).Check who runs them and is in charge of the editorial. Nick Robinson the political editor for one. .

Oh I don't know maybe because the top selling paper readers believe what they read... Now here is a thing as I did find it hard to rebuke your post as you are a fairly clever spin doctor...

I went to a busy local paper shop for about an hour today and stood outside. I watched and asked those that came out with the Sun or the Mail a question.." Do you believe the political angle that the paper you buy portrays.75% said they did and a large majority said of course and they must be right. Staggering really, so in answer to your question, yes most people who take notice of the so called Political content in those rags are either brain washed or dumb.

Not 1 person actually said I take no notice of that part of the paper as a few just walked off mumbling.

The BBC are so right wing now it is ridiculous.(waits for those that say it is left).Check who runs them and is in charge of the editorial. Nick Robinson the political editor for one. .

The media can convince the masses exactly what they the media lead with,Take IS we have wall to wall coverage virtually 24/7 explaining how bad and mad IS are,how did a rag bag army such as IS get themselves armed whilst evading satelite technology and this country making such a fuss about people wishing to join IS .

I am not saying anybody should believe any headline from any paper to be fair, but the shock and awe of some of the headlines those papers print is quite frankly just scare mongering at the highest level and mostly untrue to try to influence their readers.

Did you really stand outside a paper shop questioning people for what paper they were reading ? they must have thought the local nutter was on day leave.

Did you really stand outside a paper shop questioning people for what paper they were reading ? they must have thought the local nutter was on day leave.

Lol, but I am not travelling the country for the next month in a bus trying to do the same to the general public...and you think I am a nutter .*sigh*

I felt it right after Neil's post to actually find out the thoughts of my local people. I don't think that is a bad thing, have you never heard of canvassing before?, How would you find your truth? Oh perhaps from The Sun or Mail...I don't think I need to defend myself here any more. :moon:

Lol, but I am not travelling the country for the next month in a bus trying to do the same to the general public...and you think I am a nutter .*sigh*

I felt it right after Neil's post to actually find out the thoughts of my local people. I don't think that is a bad thing, have you never heard of canvassing before?, How would you find your truth? Oh perhaps from The Sun or Mail...I don't think I need to defend myself here any more. :moon:

You don't need to defend yourself but perhaps you need to lighten up a tad.

How can you expect us to treat your research seriously if you didn't travel the country in a bus?

The worlds biggest terrorist attack 9/11 which has so many holes in the government version yet the media offered nothing,no docs,no campaign,no nothing,yet as one they all agreed that a man in a cave (Binny)directed his followers to hit America in such stunning fashion.

Even his own so called death Imo must be questioned,is he really dead ?

Are you quite mad?

Are you quite mad?

I tell you who is mad..... the weirdo who pesters people leaving my local paper shop
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

I tell you who is mad..... the weirdo who pesters people leaving my local paper shop
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

And the high intellect of the right has no abounds. The whole political spectrum is doing it over the next month. Canvassing is quite commonplace you numpty. x

And the high intellect of the right has no abounds. The whole political spectrum is doing it over the next month. Canvassing is quite commonplace you numpty. x

Who's right wing then.... me a fully paid up union member [branch rep] for 30yrs....perhaps I just have a sense of humour.

Have done far more canvassing for political reasons than you and *** put together.

Just because I could always see straight through 'Phoney Tony' and cant stand new labour 'Types' does not make me a numpty. Jog on.

Back