• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flinty

Not a member⭐
Not to sure what to make of today. Poor 1st half with their 5 in midfield stiffling our play and we didn't adapt. daggers were easily the better side

2nd half totally different and we were the better side. We upped the tempo and seemed to deal with thier midfield better.

Morgan was a class apart even in the 1st half, if this is what he can do from left midfield then can we sign him please.

Harrold held the ball well and did ok as atarget man but can't play football if you know what i mean.

Francis seemed fairly lazy to me and did not protect Hunt

Hunt another game to silence the critics and was probably the 2nd to Morgain for MOM.

Bailey came into his own as the game wore on

Flavs I think he should have done better for their 2nd seemed to make himself smaller at his near post....although Barrett was fouled in the build up.

Now for Blue Voice

I am 100% behind the the cause and really enjoyed the atmosphere that is trying to be created. However, when we went 2 1 down the negative chants started almost immediately....what the f... is going on, where is the eastwood money, we are **** ect ect.

I have to say this ****ed me off more than the goal to the point where i wanted to walk out. but not just me the was probably 20 to 30 people around who felt annoyed at the chants and went we equalized turned to the Voice section in a sort of up yours way......

Again i am 100% behind what Smiffy and all are trying to achieve but this is the 2nd week running that this has happened....chaps you could quickly become the most hated part of the blues support if you are not careful....it was only 2 1 and you turned pretty quick..........

having said that when we were on top or equal.....thoroughly enjoyable...please don't be fair weather singers

Come on you blue boys.......

really dissappointed to hear certain sections using these chants again. we weren't even behind very long and they has started. very poor in my opinion.

Morgan was a class apart even in the 1st half, if this is what he can do from left midfield then can we sign him please.
Nope. He confirmed on BBC Essex that Luton have agreed terms with Leeds for him & he'll be signing for them next week.

Morgan was very good but I thought Hunt was the best player on the pitch. Fantastic performance at both ends.

Well played, Lewis.

I agree with beefy and am gutted morgan is off to Leeds i think he could have been a potentially great signing and have been saying so since he arrived

Shame we seem to have played him into form for Leeds. Oh well, hopefully Tilly has a few aces up his sleave.

did hunt play right back today? if he did this is why he played better i think. when he played left back and centre back he was terrible. its clear right back is his best position.

look back over the past two seasons he's played centre mid, left back, right back, centre back. possibly more i don't know.

keep him at right back.

did hunt play right back today? if he did this is why he played better i think. when he played left back and centre back he was terrible. its clear right back is his best position.

look back over the past two seasons he's played centre mid, left back, right back, centre back. possibly more i don't know.

keep him at right back.

Yeah he played rightback. He seemed to benefit from having Francis in front of him. Francis didn't play brilliantly himself but he kept filing in everytime Hunt charged forward which gave him much more attacking license than normal.

I also thought hunt and morgan were very good today, shame we don't have a chance of buying him, might have been useful the way he runs at goal..

Didn't hear more than a couple of negative chants, and once again the singing was brilliant most of the game [even when we wern't sticking them past ten men], first time I've lost my voice in quite some time in south upper and just generally enjoyed today, well done everyone and thanks!

ps. was tbv actually involved in the clappers today? i wasn't sure.. but i think they helped a lot with the atmosphere at times today, great job!

well done blues

Yeah he played rightback. He seemed to benefit from having Francis in front of him. Francis didn't play brilliantly himself but he kept filing in everytime Hunt charged forward which gave him much more attacking license than normal.

thanks, i quite like the idea of francis and hunt. have always liked francis but he hasn't always helped himself out.

bring black on as a sub with a little more than tillys usual 1.4 minutes left on the clock. i think he makes more of an impact as a sub.

i think TBV were good today, there were a few negative chants, but when we're losing to a team that was 3 leagues below us last season people aren't gonna be happy. there's always a few people to start off the negative chants then they catch on

really dissappointed to hear certain sections using these chants again. we weren't even behind very long and they has started. very poor in my opinion.

and it was the same idiots singing "southend we love you" when we equalised all of 5 minutes later.

fickle methinks

i think TBV were good today, there were a few negative chants, but when we're losing to a team that was 3 leagues below us last season people aren't gonna be happy. there's always a few people to start off the negative chants then they catch on

don't matter who you playing. support through good and bad times. simple as.

Yea good atmosphere today. Shame about Morgan but to be honest he has been pretty poor the rest of the time he has been here. One swallow doesnt make a summer. And we have Scannell to come in who sounds an exciting talent.

Yea good atmosphere today. Shame about Morgan but to be honest he has been pretty poor the rest of the time he has been here. One swallow doesnt make a summer. And we have Scannell to come in who sounds an exciting talent.

yeah, i think he's got something in him thats exciting to watch when attacking and think thats he's been improving with us..

I know it was league two players, but when was the last time you saw a player take on people AND basically just run round them..? was very impressed today..

Dont think the negative chants lasted anywhere near as long as before and didnt seem to be as loud either implying that not as many joined in. There will always be those people who want to do that wherever you go. Credit to those people who turned round and told em to shut up.

I thought the bam-bam things were great....supplied by the club I believe.

And especially well done to the other volunteers who gave up a couple of hours of their Saturday to hand them out. I enjoyed myself.....close proximity to two blue belles for about half an hour.....oooooooh :)

When i looked back i saw a bunch of kids abusing, not even in the blues voice section in my reckoning.

'Wannabe' Blues Voice IMO :finger:

Not to sure what to make of today. Poor 1st half with their 5 in midfield stiffling our play and we didn't adapt. daggers were easily the better side

2nd half totally different and we were the better side. We upped the tempo and seemed to deal with thier midfield better.

Harrold held the ball well and did ok as atarget man but can't play football if you know what i mean.

Francis seemed fairly lazy to me and did not protect Hunt

Hunt another game to silence the critics and was probably the 2nd to Morgain for MOM.

Bailey came into his own as the game wore on

Flavs I think he should have done better for their 2nd seemed to make himself smaller at his near post....although Barrett was fouled in the build up.

Now for Blue Voice

I am 100% behind the the cause and really enjoyed the atmosphere that is trying to be created. However, when we went 2 1 down the negative chants started almost immediately....what the f... is going on, where is the eastwood money, we are **** ect ect.

I have to say this ****ed me off more than the goal to the point where i wanted to walk out. but not just me the was probably 20 to 30 people around who felt annoyed at the chants and went we equalized turned to the Voice section in a sort of up yours way......

Again i am 100% behind what Smiffy and all are trying to achieve but this is the 2nd week running that this has happened....chaps you could quickly become the most hated part of the blues support if you are not careful....it was only 2 1 and you turned pretty quick..........

having said that when we were on top or equal.....thoroughly enjoyable...please don't be fair weather singers

Come on you blue boys.......

Once again I seem to have to explain this..The Blue Voice are a group of fans that sit/stand in the same area as a number of other supporters....We have NO control on what people choose to sing and I can assure you Danny any negative chants are NOTHING to do with us. We are doing our best to encourage all to get behind the team.. We are in this for the long run ..It was always going to be hard to change a block of fans midway through a season....I even had a Steward ask me to have a word with somebody today ? Like I control all the end of the West Stand and it would carry favour. :rolleyes: This is still in it's infancy and I personally take umbrage when people suggest the bad chants are anything to do with us. Once again today with the help of many others from the Zone we were there at 1PM to give out the sticks etc..The atmosphere was a great improvement today ..ok a few ar$es took it upon themselves to make a few stupid chants. We do not condone this ..but hey they pay for there seats, we dont buy them for them so are entitled to there opinion I guess...When we eventually have a designated area, which will not be this season then perhaps we can impliment a members situation and have ground rules etc ..until then we are stuffed I guess but will carry on with the Clubs backing trying our hardest.

John.

even i was overturning the negative chants... ask smiffy! We just had to persist and outsing them!

Back