• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue sky

First XI
I dont think anyone had a bad game and Barrett, Maher + Dudfield were outstanding.
Dudfield + Bramble caused their defence problems all afternoon.

Rushden were the worst side I've seen in ages, well done Stuart Robson! Back to the conference I think! Why did they make 2 changes after 30mins? On a hot day as well, it was like they had no 'plan B'.

We looked better defensively with Wilson at let back, I think its because Nicolau is sometimes left exposed by Gower failing to track back.

Hope Bart's injury isn't as bad as it looked - he seemed in a lot of pain when he got carried off.
Can some of the muppets chanting 'Darryl Flahavan' while Bart was still lying on the ground in agony explain that to me...
How does it help Bart's confidence? and have any of you actually bothered to study both keepers in action? Bart has far better reading of the game, has better anticipation and doesnt leave everything to the back 4 but actually commands his area far better. I'm not criticising Darryl's performance today as he had very little to do and did well when called upon, its just I feel Bart is far better and will be missed if we're out for a long time.

I went today, great day. One of the best away games for a long time, thoroughly deserved the win. Saying that, Rushden were one of the worst teams I've ever seen in my life, must be something to do with that muppet Stewart Robson
laugh.gif
Also a mention to the away fans, superb! Made a great amount of noise and completely outsung the silent home fans. Good number of fans too.

Everyone had a good game really. Can't believe some of the idiots who were chanting 'Darryl Flahavan' when Bart was still down. Flavs didnt have much to do, it'll be interesting to see who's in goal for the Wycombe game. The defence were solid again, especially Barrett who made some awesome tackles. Bentley had another good game and Maher was as class as ever. Dudfield and Bramble looked a good partnership again, Dudfield was especially impressive and he got two much-needed goals which will surely boost his confidence a lot. Great penalty too.

We just need to play like this every week now - playing good football and taking our chances. Also, I've noticed that the set pieces have improved lots. All of Maher's/Gowers set pieces today were very good and thus we've scored from them in the last 2 games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ Sep. 04 2004,21:58)]We looked better defensively with Wilson at let back, I think its because Nicolau is sometimes left exposed by Gower failing to track back.
I'd say he gets exposed by HIS OWN failure to track back rather than Gower's!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Sep. 04 2004,22:28)]Also a mention to the away fans, superb! Made a great amount of noise and completely outsung the silent home fans.
Rushden fans are ALWAYS silent. When they crushed us 3-0 a couple of seasons ago the place was still like a morgue.

WS

Back