• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Collis - Excellent game looked very strong all though not really tested to the maxium just a very solid performence. 7

Barrett - Solid as ever, got forward very well and tracked back well seemed to be adopting a wing back role. 8

Clarke (Peter) - Same as Barrett great performence and defended very well. 8

Richards - Haven't seen much of him but was very impressed with him today headed everything away well and cleared the ball well. 7

Gilbert - Had some shakey moments but had some moments of pure class was excellent with his getting forward and passing movements on the right hand side with McCormack and Foran. 7

McCormack - Well scored goal and as ever another exceptional performence from our great Macca! Some great passing and movement. 8

Bailey - WOW! This guy just gets better and better everytime I see him play gives 110% scored another good goal and well tracks back well and passing was excellent! Still more to come from this lad too. 9

Maher - Ever presence from the captain and was unlucky with his shot hitting the bar but like all of the midfield today some excellent passing and movement. 7

Black - What can I say really I was a little concerned about when he first arrived with his previous record with injury problems. But today he showed his pure class great movement, great passing, great turns, great crosses the guy shows pure greatness and I look forward to seeing more to. MOM!! 10

Harrold - Never been a fan but it just wasn't Harrold's day he should of had 3 goals but Royce stopped everything he threw at him, but a better performence from him looked lively but very annoyed with himself that he didn't score. 7

Clarke (Leon) - Excellent start to his Southend loan career played very well held the ball up well. Scored an outstanding goal to mark his debut and well lets hope he carries on like this. 9

Subs:

Foran - Looked lively caused a few problems, and looked more comfortable in the striking role although liked to flank out to the right from time to time leaving Harrold on his own. 7

Gower - Came on late on didn't really have a massive affect on the game but played well for the time he came on. 6

Odhiambo - Came on around the last 5 minutes not really enough time to make an effect but looked good with his pace. 6

Subs Not Used: Hunt, Wilson

:D Great game I really enjoyed myself today. Lets keep up the winning blues.

Black was ok but wasnt a 10 out of 10 performance. I'd give him a 7 and say Bailey was MOM.

Black is the new Scott Forbes!!!

Black was ok but wasnt a 10 out of 10 performance. I'd give him a 7 and say Bailey was MOM.

I would agree with that,I like what i see from black going forward but his tracking back is shocking and doesn't appear to have a great engine like Bailey.
Shrimp Creek

I don't think you can give Black 10 over the whole match, he was much better 2nd half. I'd say 7.5/8.
As for Harrold, he deserved more than 7, I'd say 8. He worked hard and yes he should have scored but he was a real nuisance to their defence.
Really enjoyed the performance today, nice to know there is real competition for the 1st team.
Hope Flav's back problem is sorted out soon, but quite happy to see Collis in goal. Really liked Richards today, his extra height was a bonus.
Good team effort, the memory of Brighton has started to fade!

Last edited:
I don't think you can give Black 10 over the whole match, he was much better 2nd half. I'd say 7.5/8.
As for Harrold, he deserved more than 7, I'd say 8. He worked hard and yes he should have scored but he was a real nuisance to their defence.
Really enjoyed the performance today, nice to know their is real competition for the 1st team.
Hope Flav's back problem is sorted out soon, but quite happy to see Collis in goal. Really liked Richards today, his extra height was a bonus.
Good team effort, the memory of Brighton has started to fade!

Harrold was cack in the first half hence the 7 he bucked his ideas up and started performing in the second half.

Black was amazing today MOM IMO by far.

Harrold was cack in the first half hence the 7 he bucked his ideas up and started performing in the second half.
Black was amazing today MOM IMO by far.
Don't agree. Leon was the official MOM, 2 assists and a goal, but Bailey "worked his socks off" to use the tradditional phrase. Black was probably the man of the 2nd half - I'll concede that!:D

yes, unfortunatly agree black wasnt quite 10/10
however, didnt see many negatives anywhere today which is great..
even my low expectations of harrold [i know some people disagree] were blown away today..
great performance blues
very enjoyable day

bailey started off the first few pre-season games giving the ball away quite a few times but wow how much has he improved in the last few games. quality passer of the ball and obviously has the eye for goal. very good signing for tilly.

I know being a football fan is a matter of opinions but 10/10 for Black ? On what basis. How was he better than Richards and Bailey ? Everyone contributed today, though we still lost the aerial battle at the back against their no 10, who won virtually every header he went for.

Macca had a good game but was VERY lucky to escape cardless with two shocking challenges, one in each half. I'd rate the team as follows. I've tried not to go overboard with the ratings as Gillingham weren't really a stern test.

Collis 20 - Surely the last we've seen of the midget. The confidence that the entire team had in a tall commanding keeper even extended to Matt Harrold turning into a footballer. :p

Barrett - Much as it pains me to say it, didn't put a foot wrong today 7

Clarke - Looks a lot better playing alongside a PROPER centre-half, still beaten to too many headers but some great tackles today 7

Richards - That'll do nicely. I think we may have found our centre half. No nonsense defending works for me 7.5

Gilbert - Can see why Arsenal think highly of him. 7

McCormack - Great goal, good performance, lucky to escape cardless. It's one thing being a tough midfielder. It's another being a reckless dirty ******* 6.5

Bailey - Perhaps one of Tilly's best ever signings ? 8.5

Maher - Awesome, what a fantastic Captain we have. Always made himself available as an outlet. OK, a couple of stray passes amongst the brilliance. I suppose the doubters are still out there though. 7.5

Black - In and out of the game but when he has the ball at his feet something good usually happens 7

Harrold - Dismal first half, done everything but score in the second half 7.5

Clarke - Great debut. Let's hope he can keep this up. 8

Let's hope this win sets us on a little run. Competition for places in midfield and up front with two of last season's regular defenders plus Che and Hunt sniffing around for games.

All is not doom and gloom. I believe we might just stay up this season. :D

Collis - Did all that could be asked of him but as others have pointed out wasnt really tested. Hard to compare his performance against a Flahavan performance because of this. 7

Barrett - Solid performance from Adam, showed what having a taller full back can give the side with some vital headers out to touch when under pressure. 7

Peter Clarke - Made a couple of errors which could have cost us but IMO he's just a bit off form. Last season he came good and was one of the first on the teamsheet and I'm sure he'll hit form again soon. 6

Richards - I like his no-nonsense style and won most headers required today. However his distribution wasn't the best but this is secondary from clearing the lines which he did well today. 7

Gilbert - Only seen Brighton and the game today but he makes me a bit nervous. Similar to when Francis first arrived. You can see glimpses of his Arsenal class hidden by a few dodgy errors. 6

McCormack - Good performance from Alan. Won some great challenges and scored, which is what he's put in the side for. I missed the goal so cant comment. Tilly must have a bit of a selection headache at the mo. 7

Bailey - What a find! As I say I've only seen today and the Brighton match but he's looked class in both games and I'm already a big fan. Said to my mate that he reminds me of Freddy and I dont think its just his height and shirt number. IMO he's got that classy touch and swagger that Freddy possesses but can also put himself about when a tackle's needed. Great finish for the goal as well. 9 MOM

Maher - Solid performance from Kev. A few stray passes but some great determined battling moments as well. Unlucky not to have scored with his curler onto the post. 7

Black - First real look at him today. Looks to have fitness issues but hopefully that will come with time. Does use what fitness he has well though as he effortlessly put in some great balls today. Not a coincidence that our strikers look better when they know when the ball's coming in. In a way a complete opposite of JCR! 8

Harrold - I've never been a Harrold hater as I went to West Brom away so got a bit of a soft spot. Someone said earlier that he's similar to Peter Crouch and they're not too far off the mark. Great feet for a tall guy and I think everyone-bar the gills wanted to see Matty score today. If he works on his finishing and keeps putting in that sort of effort I'm sure some goals will come. 8

Leon Clarke - What a debut! Great touch for a big lad and as others have said he's clearly not a target man. Two assists and a sublime finish for the goal. Can't ask much more than that. I think the calls of sign him up are a bit premature after one game but keep playing like that Leon and why not! 9

Dunno who to have on my shirt ...

toss up between Bailey and Black....:(

Back