• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Today's Meeting.

Thank you for the update Stan! At this stage, despite what you might get on here, the 'it went well' message is perfect and all that is needed at this stage.

Can i remind all SZ'ers that until there is something concrete to share with the wider audience, both confidentiality and commercial integrity need to be preserved.

Meanwhile, that is a very good start.

Thank you for the update Stan! At this stage, despite what you might get on here, the 'it went well' message is perfect and all that is needed at this stage.

Can i remind all SZ'ers that until there is something concrete to share with the wider audience, both confidentiality and commercial integrity need to be preserved.

Meanwhile, that is a very good start.

If this is in reference to my picture I found it on twitter.

They were meant to meet. They did. SC updated us.

It went well.

Further update expected by the end of the week.

Unless they've altered the definition of the word 'cryptic' it all seems clear to me.

First we complain about not being updated by those behind the scenes. Then someone comes along who keeps us updated even when so far inconclusive and still somebody moans.

So you completely get what the John Barnes/Ian(?) Rush reference is. Good old Shrimperzone, never changes. Think I'll pop back to Twitter. You get more sense on there.

So you completely get what the John Barnes/Ian(?) Rush reference is. Good old Shrimperzone, never changes. Think I'll pop back to Twitter. You get more sense on there.

I wouldn't say cryptic was the correct word to use, extremely vague, yes....

I admire stan for getting involved and trying to help us out of the situation we are now in

but.....

What are the protest for? From what i've seen the main goal of the protests is to get Ron Martin out of our club and to take back some ownership and control, if not then find someone who is willing to take some control who will have the clubs best interests at heart and who the fans are happy with, and trusting enough to pull us out of the rot we are in.

Is a CEO really going to put us all at ease, its something we need no doubt, but is it what is being protested for? Is Ron Martin suddenly going to be the man we trust to bring us back into the football league just because he appoints a CEO?

Was it in person or via a trunk call? Good to see we might be branching out at 'Roots' Hall though. Let's hope we don't get the right person in and see them leaf soon after. Or am I barking up the wrong three?
.....great comment, ....... that is really funny !! .......still laughing !!

I admire stan for getting involved and trying to help us out of the situation we are now in

but.....

What are the protest for? From what i've seen the main goal of the protests is to get Ron Martin out of our club and to take back some ownership and control, if not then find someone who is willing to take some control who will have the clubs best interests at heart and who the fans are happy with, and trusting enough to pull us out of the rot we are in.

Is a CEO really going to put us all at ease, its something we need no doubt, but is it what is being protested for? Is Ron Martin suddenly going to be the man we trust to bring us back into the football league just because he appoints a CEO?
I think the problem is there are groups of people who all want what they believe is best for the club but at the same time all only go after one individual thing. For example there are the
Ron Outers - Yes he makes a lot of mistakes but he has kept us going all this time.
Then you have the need a CEOers - yes this will massively help providing Ron let’s them do their job.
Then you have the go with flow-ers who don’t really understand it all but just go with what they have heard without fully understanding things. For example the club will not survive much longer without a new stadium anyway but some people seem to want this put off. Ron is having to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds every season just to get the fire safety certificate for example and that’s before other bits and pieces that regularly need doing!

For things to change we need a clear direction. If Ron stays for now then get a CEO in, let them do their job and provide the support needed. Don’t let embargoes etc get in the way. Let’s be honest Ron isn’t going to sell before the houses and stadium are done so let’s be realistic and protest that he gets the support he and the club needs rather than Ron out for the time being. I get everyone is angry and wants someone to blame however that is helping no one so let’s try and get something sorted that is realistic and achievable in the short term!

I get the feeling a lot of people are sceptical about this whole Stan thing than they're willing to say.
Just because you have a feeling it doesn't make it so. A lot of fans are waiting to see the outcomes so far and hopefully they will be known soon. Maybe you're confusing scepticism with understandable impatience.

Back