• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Today's Meeting.

I get the feeling a lot of people are sceptical about this whole Stan thing than they're willing to say.

Of course they will be, but that’s because it’s Southend United and we have been on such a **** run that we are just used to being miserable and things going wrong.

I was sceptical at first, then we had the Zoom, he met Ron, arranged the potential CEO meeting and has now had that. I’m excited for the outcome and glad we have Stan on our side.

I cannot believe some people, We are on our arse as a club right now and I am delighted that an ex player - especially one who's profile within the game is as high as his is, is willing to help us. He isn't a fan of Southend, He played for us for 6 months and yet he has gone out of his way to offer us some support and I for one am delighted he is doing so.

Phil Gridlet, Andy Sussex, Neville Roache, Barrington Belgrave, Ian Selley or Stan Collymore - every player who is willing to help us right now I would embrace. The club is hurting, the fan base is hurting and I am loving the proactivity to try and enact change within the confines of what Rons choke hold will allow until his pay day. If this ends up being nothing it can't be any worse than the reality we find ourselves in, so lets all get behind the club and anyone who wants a positive future for Southend - Whether that be Stan, SOS, The Trust or anyone else who are making actions to provoke change

I cannot believe some people, We are on our arse as a club right now and I am delighted that an ex player - especially one who's profile within the game is as high as his is, is willing to help us. He isn't a fan of Southend, He played for us for 6 months and yet he has gone out of his way to offer us some support and I for one am delighted he is doing so.

Phil Gridlet, Andy Sussex, Neville Roache, Barrington Belgrave, Ian Selley or Stan Collymore - every player who is willing to help us right now I would embrace. The club is hurting, the fan base is hurting and I am loving the proactivity to try and enact change within the confines of what Rons choke hold will allow until his pay day. If this ends up being nothing it can't be any worse than the reality we find ourselves in, so lets all get behind the club and anyone who wants a positive future for Southend - Whether that be Stan, SOS, The Trust or anyone else who are making actions to provoke change

Even Sada N'Daiye??:Stunned:

So you completely get what the John Barnes/Ian(?) Rush reference is. Good old Shrimperzone, never changes. Think I'll pop back to Twitter. You get more sense on there.
The Barnes/Rush reference is the commentary before the words uttered by Martin Tyler, "Collymore closing in...", as he hits a left foot shot into the net for a last minute 4-3 win v Kevin Keegan's Newcastle.

Hi Guys

Met with Ron and potential CEO today over a very constructive 2 hours.

As a courtesy to you guys, the most important part of the club, and to the guys in the meeting today, I'll keep it to the facts above, and that the meeting was incredibly positive.

Will report back at the end of the week.

Stan ?

Great news, but... a question;

I’m not trying to play Devil’s advocate, but who is going to pay the salary of the potential said CEO?

We all want this to happen, but why would RM be able to afford to pay for this person now we are in the NL, when he kept his hands firmly in his pockets previously?

Is their a 3rd or even 4th man contributing?

I get the feeling a lot of people are sceptical about this whole Stan thing than they're willing to say.

Why sceptical? So far Stan has gone above and beyond the call of duty, and it's not even his duty. Just let it play out. He will say more when he can. He's possibly been told by Ron to not say too much at the moment. He's not going to upset the applecart at this stage, having made real progress, and now in communication with our elusive chairman. I'm more sceptical of posters that seem to want things to be wrong.

As far as I can see its simply this- many have been moaning (quite rightly) for weeks, months, years that week need a CEO and it's the route of many problems. Stan C has introduced a good candidate who is very interested, and that first discussion with Ron went very well. So far not a lot not to like. But our ability to find something is legend..

As far as I can see its simply this- many have been moaning (quite rightly) for weeks, months, years that week need a CEO and it's the route of many problems. Stan C has introduced a good candidate who is very interested, and that first discussion with Ron went very well. So far not a lot not to like. But our ability to find something is legend..

In who's eyes? That's the problem, who is this person..... We don't know if he or she is good, we're just listening to Stan......

Great news, but... a question;

I’m not trying to play Devil’s advocate, but who is going to pay the salary of the potential said CEO?

We all want this to happen, but why would RM be able to afford to pay for this person now we are in the NL, when he kept his hands firmly in his pockets previously?

Is their a 3rd or even 4th man contributing?

I think it is safe to say that the last 4-5 managerial appointments that Ron has made have all ended badly, these were his decisions alone without the help/input of a CEO who knows more about the footballing side of things. Ron is not a football man, he is a business man.

This process has led to the sacking/paying off of lots of people including the many backroom staff and coaches that come and go with a change of manager. This process has been very costly, perhaps in the region of £5m+? If you add in all the players that we have had to pay off it probably runs into £10m+

Now imagine paying a CEO £150k a year to run everything and get these things right (or at least most of them). You don't end up spending money, you save it.

Trying to do things on the cheap is false economy.

Last edited:
The Barnes/Rush reference is the commentary before the words uttered by Martin Tyler, "Collymore closing in...", as he hits a left foot shot into the net for a last minute 4-3 win v Kevin Keegan's Newcastle.

Right, thanks. All I needed rather than some sarcastic response.

Right, thanks. All I needed rather than some sarcastic response.

To be fair - when you posted it was cryptic - that part of the Stan message had not been posted on Shrimperzone - or was edited shortly after to remove it. So the initial responses to your msg probably hadn't seen the Rush/Barnes thing. Take that out and there was nothing cryptic from Stan.

Back