• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Today's Meeting.

Saw Stoke transition into a new stadium and led the negotiations when the Icelandic consortium purchased a controlling interest.

At Wolves he kept the purse strings closed very tightly (A man after Rons own heart) but oversaw promotion to the Premiership twice.

Was at Norwich before a breakdown in relations with Delia (Surely most people are a Mary Berry kind of person anyway)

Now at Burton Albion where he has been for the last 4 years.

I'd not be a disappointed person if he became CEO (Mind you after 4/5 years of no CEO they could appoint anyone with a close connection to anything CEO related and I'd be pleased)
I can’t copy and paste but his LinkedIn profile is good

Profile from Linkedln. I've highlighted a key bit from the profile

I have 30 years successful experience and a proven track record of high performance as a CEO providing fiscal, strategic and operational leadership in the uniquely challenging industry of professional football. With the use of insight, analysis and a team approach I have driven organisational improvements and implementation of best practices. Capable of resolving multiple and complex issues (sporting, sales, finance, legal, operational and HR) and motivating staff I consistently seek to deliver peak performance. During my time in professional sport I have developed a breath of industry knowledge and outstanding contacts and relationships at all levels of the game.

Additional areas of expertise include:
• Strategy, Vision & Planning
• Acquisitions and Sale of Clubs
• Sales and Marketing Leadership
• Sponsorship sales
• Budgeting and Cost Management
• Profitability and Cost Analysis
• Contract Negotiation
• Team Building and Performance
• Stadium and Sports Ground Facilities Development
• Project Management
• Academy and Youth Development
• Community, PR and Media Affairs
• Football Department Structures and Management
• Club Philosophy, Identity and Brand Development
• Sporting and Non-Sporting Staff Recruitment

Boards and Memberships:
• Non-executive director on the EFL board (representing the Championship)
• Director of Burton Albion FC
• FA Council and Football Regulatory Authority (FRA) board
• Prior to the Government Sports Code Reforms, one of the two EFL directors on the FA board
• Founder Patron of the Wolverhampton Youth Zone – The Way

I am available to assist any sporting organisation looking for new leadership, a change in strategy or dealing with specific problems and challenges. I can also advise and represent those interested in acquiring a football/sporting asset or those wishing to sell their of shareholding.

Experience

Last edited:
Profile from Linkedln

I have 30 years successful experience and a proven track record of high performance as a CEO providing fiscal, strategic and operational leadership in the uniquely challenging industry of professional football. With the use of insight, analysis and a team approach I have driven organisational improvements and implementation of best practices. Capable of resolving multiple and complex issues (sporting, sales, finance, legal, operational and HR) and motivating staff I consistently seek to deliver peak performance. During my time in professional sport I have developed a breath of industry knowledge and outstanding contacts and relationships at all levels of the game.

• Sponsorship sales
• Contract Negotiation
• Project Management

Boards and Memberships:
• Prior to the Government Sports Code Reforms, one of the two EFL directors on the FA board

I am available to assist any sporting organisation looking for new leadership, a change in strategy or dealing with specific problems and challenges. I can also advise and represent those interested in acquiring a football/sporting asset or those wishing to sell their of shareholding.

Experience
New leadership that’s what we need get the cheque book out

And in the meantime, Brown goes elsewhere and we spend the summer trying to recruit another manager and end up exactly like last year with someone from the job centre who hasn't a clue, but we'll have a CEO and the prospect of a new stadium as we plunge deeper into non league obscurity, so that's alright!

There's no guarantee that Brown will not lead to further decline - heck we don't even know if he wants the job! Until the off field instability is sorted out, we'll never have a solid foundation for on the field. Late payments, non payments, reputation/recruitment problems etc will not go away until the long term stability is assured, hence why I think that should be a higher priority right now. NB the appointment of a CEO does not necessarily lead to the long term stability.

Profile from Linkedln

• Sponsorship sales
• Contract Negotiation
• Project Management

Boards and Memberships:

Experience

That all looks very impressive but i would like to see a bit more of

1) Hiding money from Tax man
2) Avoiding paying player and agents
3) Knocking local business and suppliers

All LinkedIn profiles look good.

Self promotion is LinkedIn's entire raison d'etre. It's all about presenting the acceptable execution of the job you are paid to do as a major paradigm shift for humanity.

How many LinkedIn profiles include:

...made redundant probably because I phoned it in for years.

...terminated for theft of stationery

There's no guarantee that Brown will not lead to further decline - heck we don't even know if he wants the job! Until the off field instability is sorted out, we'll never have a solid foundation for on the field. Late payments, non payments, reputation/recruitment problems etc will not go away until the long term stability is assured, hence why I think that should be a higher priority right now. NB the appointment of a CEO does not necessarily lead to the long term stability.
Martin is just playing people. He will never relinquish his micro management and control over the club. Talking about a CEO is just a sop to appease disgruntled supporters. If we did get anyone with reasonable credentials for the job he would last about five minutes before realising his hands were tied and he had no real authority. Stability, straight dealing and honouring obligations are things that will never happen under the present regime.

Martin is just playing people. He will never relinquish his micro management and control over the club. Talking about a CEO is just a sop to appease disgruntled supporters. If we did get anyone with reasonable credentials for the job he would last about five minutes before realising his hands were tied and he had no real authority. Stability, straight dealing and honouring obligations are things that will never happen under the present regime.

I agree on the appointment of a CEO now is a potential distraction - I don't get it - Ron has been saying for a while he has a new CEO in mind, but timing isn't quite right. Then suddenly Stan rocks up with a CEO and it appears Ron's previous plan is up in smoke.

I also agree that the success of any appointment depends on the level of control afforded to them by Ron, and of course the budget/cashflow.

Not sure I agree on the last point - I think it is feasible that once Ron has his pot of gold from the housing development he could leave a lasting legacy by securing the future of the club. Note I say feasible.

Just spoke to a friend who is a Burton fan and he sent me this in reply to the rumour we are after Moxey.

‘Morning mate. Honestly, if you get him in, I think fans will riot. The bloke is a 100% royal ****. Arrogant, know all prick. An arsehole. If Ron stays, both will get along very well.’

The perfect scenario would be for Ron to hand over all decisions concerning football. Leaving him to concentrate on delivering the Stadium. There is no way Ron is gong to sell, so a decent compromise.

So that's a compromise, not the perfect scenario.

The perfect scenario is that he sells up completely and someone else takes over, and gives all the assets to the club.

Just spoke to a friend who is a Burton fan and he sent me this in reply to the rumour we are after Moxey.

‘Morning mate. Honestly, if you get him in, I think fans will riot. The bloke is a 100% royal ****. Arrogant, know all prick. An arsehole. If Ron stays, both will get along very well.’
Wolves fans didn't like the guy either. But he has been in the game for while so he must be doing something right.

Maybe being an ******* is a virtue in some aspects of that role

CEOs tend not to grab the headlines when things go right, but grab them when things go wrong. Nature of the job really. Similar to chairmen...

Jez, if you are reading this can you find a buyer for my 600 SUFC shares?

Will consider an exchange for a Tesla model X.

Sounds perfect for us.

Anyone know who the CEO is?
Yep
see my previous posts on other threads going back a few weeks. I spoke about him and that he's always been a die hard sufc fan, even when CEO at another nearby club. The guy is a good efficient CEO and a very nice guy and will no doubt have already provided a sound draft business plan. No doubt RM will string him along before making decisions as usual

Last edited:
Yep
see my previous posts on other threads going back a few weeks. I spoke about him and that he's always been a die hard sufc fan, even when CEO at another nearby club. The guy is a good efficient CEO and a very nice guy and will no doubt have already provided a sound draft business plan. No doubt RM will string him along before making decisions as usual

Instead of us going back to previous posts, why don't you say who you think it is?

Back