• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's Results

Chrisb

Forever Blue⭐⭐
Other results not bad for us today but Bolton catching us up - never mind the others, let's just get some points of our own next weekend.

Bolton got very lucky today. They were second best. Mk had a man sent off and still should have done more.

They missed a 88th minute penalty and then scored a 92nd minute winner

Other results not bad for us today but Bolton catching us up - never mind the others, let's just get some points of our own next weekend.

I'm not sure it matters how others do anymore.....can't see where our next win is coming from. I would just be happy if we were competitive in football matches. We're probably the worst 3rd tier side, not just this season but ever!

Tranmere v Wycombe is on the googlebox at lunchtime.

I think SKY have a countdown clock running as we speak! :LoyalSupporter:

We play a lot of struggling teams over the next couple of months. If there’s any hope at all we’ll need to see the green shoots of recovery pronto.

We have a very “favourable” looking run of fixtures to end 2019 and start 2020. Playing Bolton and MK is absolutely huge for us
59814F1F-3265-4E2B-9C49-673FAF2FCE2D.jpeg

There's still 27 games left and only 9 points to make up, so it's way too early.

Wimbledon had a similar deficit much later into the season and survived.

Remember the season I think it was 15/16 when Barnsley were bottom in November, changed manager and then went up through the play offs.

Very True. However, they did stick with Lee Johnson for a while during that campaign, after they lost to us at RH and he turned things around before leaving for Bristol City.

I put Tranmere on my acca for relegation before the season started. Watching them against us and then again today hasn't changed my mind. I genuinely believe we have more quality than them. Can Sol get us to have a better mentality though? Only time will tell.

It doesn't matter what Bolton do, it's the teams above us we needed to worry about. MK losing helps us. It's all redundant anyway, unless we sort ourselves out.

Heck of a lot of games to play and as others have said, December and January are huge months for us as the games look more 'winnable'. You'd hope that our squad will be a hell of a lot fitter by then too. Certainly not over!

I think we're too far behind at this stage. 8 points may seem like an easy overhaul in November, but you have to look at a number of factors. Our keeper has no confidence in himself or his backline, the backline has no confidence in the goalie, the midfield aren't creating chances and the forwards aren't putting away the rare chances which are being created. To top things off, the players are taking the **** out of the club and the manager has failed to elicit a positive bounce which is often worth a few points.... 50/50 things are going against us, players are getting sent off because they are making marginal timing errors in challenges.

Honestly, I cannot see us even getting close to 25 points this season the way things are going.

In fairness to Sol, we've played Ipswich at home and Sunderland and Portsmouth away. We've won the other game. The Dover match I'm not too concerned about. We've lost to non-league sides before, when we've been in better shape than this.

Additionally, it takes longer than 3 weeks to turn the fitness issues around and get the system and personnel right. Together with a team spirit to battle for every point.

I think we'll know a lot more by mid-January, when we've had a couple of months of the new broom.

Back