• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
This is not a post to promote gambling. Gamble responsibly.

But

If you do feel comfortable giving up a few pounds and don't want 40% of your pound to disappear from the prize pot, can I recommend the Scoop6 as it has rolled over twice and looks to be a record amount.

What this means is that half the prizepot is coming from previous weeks so theoretically you get twice the value (ish) for your money.

For those, like me, almost completely new to this. It's similar to the lottery in that you have six selections but rather than pick balls, you pick horses you think will win each race (or random if you choose). The races contain between 11 and 16 runners and today's races go from Lingfield, Haydock and Huntingdon. If all your horses win, you share the winnings with anyone else making the same selections.

In terms of strategy, the best HR punter I know at work suggested if you're not clued up on horses to pick a 2/3/4 favourite for each race to narrow down the number of people you'd have to share the prize pot with but keep a strong chance of winning through. Obviously, the best combination to pick is the winning combination but the best value bet is as above.

If anyone goes for it, good luck! Would eb good to have an SZ winner at least.

Oh yeah, to place it you can do it through the Tote website and apparently through ours (Betfair) too but it's like finding reasons for optimism in Leyton Orient's season. If anyone wants to know more, fire away here. Sure Uxbridge will also be on this / know more!

You can place a Scoop6 bet online or in the shops with pretty much any major bookmaker. It's actually rolled over 11 times now and some real big hitters have got involved in recent weeks, hence why they expect so much money to be in the pot.

The last race is a real toughie as well - someone picking a horse because they like the name has probably got as much chance of picking the winner as a pro punter!

You can place a Scoop6 bet online or in the shops with pretty much any major bookmaker. It's actually rolled over 11 times now and some real big hitters have got involved in recent weeks, hence why they expect so much money to be in the pot.

The last race is a real toughie as well - someone picking a horse because they like the name has probably got as much chance of picking the winner as a pro punter!

Sure Uxbridge will ... know more!

Yep, pretty much right on that then!

I've gone with:

Leg Selection
1 3, 10
2 10
3 9
4 6
5 7
6 7, 8

...and that's using that brilliant fals intuition that I use when betting on horses. It's actually been profitable so far but then a monkey picking lottery balls out of a hat could have been too!

Think I'll also pick one with random numbers.

Leg Selection
1 7
2 5
3 11
4 8
5 6
6 1

Not convinced this is the best tactic but I'll cross my fingers and hope I've not slung any 200/1 shots in there!

Will definitely do a line (oo-er!) but no idea who the selections will be. As if it matters anyway. I can't pick my nose this month, let alone six winners in a day....

Back