• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's signings

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Coughlan and Rhys Evans have signed pre-contract deals today. Just a matter of the stories being put up on the OS.

Sturrock is looking to sign 'another young lad' in the next day or two but no name revealed.

So (embargo permitting) we will have two permenant CBs on the books?

[faints]

More postive news***, this is getting too much !

Is there a record for the number of players signed within a 14 day (or whatever) period ?

*** yes I know the embargo etc etc but lets be honest who believed 2 weeks ago that we would potentially have so many players come Aug 3rd?

Excellent news... Pending there are no problems, I actually make that a squad now.

We just need to snap Tilly up now for a centre mid role and we will win the league!

Very unlikely, however we won't be alone in that, I'd bet there won't be much money spent in League 2 this close season. The majority of clubs will rely on free transfers.

There does not seem to be that much movement anywhere in all the leagues this year with huge money involved...Maybe people are finally waking up to the fact..ridiculous transfer fees and absolutely absurd wages are what is bringing the game down....well unless you are stupid Man city of course.

Very unlikely, however we won't be alone in that, I'd bet there won't be much money spent in League 2 this close season. The majority of clubs will rely on free transfers.

I think Norfolk was referring to the cheques that will get the HMRC, PFA, Uncle Tom Cobbley et al off our back

Superb news! So we basically have the squad we had v Derby permanently now (pending Embargo).

Sturrock said we were still 'very light' on players with only "11" at the time registered (though now I make that 13).

So he'll probably still want to add at least 7-8 more depending on who leaves?...

Expect that some older faces will appear in the next week or two. We have a team!

Superb news! So we basically have the squad we had v Derby permanently now (pending Embargo).

Sturrock said we were still 'very light' on players with only "11" at the time registered (though now I make that 13).

So he'll probably still want to add at least 7-8 more depending on who leaves?...

It is feeling like we are at the beginning of a new generation for Southend! A whole new set of players, a new division, a new stadium, a new manager, a new coaching team, a new turnstile operation, new catering staff etc etc ... I feel like we have been born again! Lets hope the tax man doesn't turn this into a still birth though!!

I think Norfolk was referring to the cheques that will get the HMRC, PFA, Uncle Tom Cobbley et al off our back

Indeed I was, the situation will only get worse now because RM will have to change his euros back to £££££ and we all know you get stung at the bureau de change

Didn't Sturrock say he wanted some more experienced players? I reckon there will one or two older players to help the likes of Soares and Crawford.

It is feeling like we are at the beginning of a new generation for Southend! A whole new set of players, a new division, a new stadium, a new manager, a new coaching team, a new turnstile operation, new catering staff etc etc ... I feel like we have been born again!

Still no onions though.

Back