• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Hopper sold

What rankles with me about Hoppy and Hump being off is that they are NOT going on to bigger and better clubs; they won't be moving up the leagues or pushing on like SVC or FE or SCP did but just standing still.

What rankles with me about Hoppy and Hump being off is that they are NOT going on to bigger and better clubs; they won't be moving up the leagues or pushing on like SVC or FE or SCP did but just standing still.
What gets me is that they both spent most of their time here on the injury list. We get both back to full fitness at our expense and they leave. Same as Coker did.

Don't agree with this. Neither of those two are going to play every week in the championship. Lincoln are a club who are still trying to look upwards at the moment despite having lost their manager. Donny are also a club with a nice stadium who are trying to get in the play-offs. We are a sinking ship that will take a couple of seasons to turn round unless we get very lucky. You’ve got to be honest about these things - both are a more attractive proposition than us right now.

I'm wager a handsome sum of guinea that neither Hump or Hop were happy about the injuries and would have much rather played plenty of games for CP and seen us in a healthy position both last season and this.

We can't afford to keep them this season let alone next in L2. That means we will send them packing in the summer so if they have a chance to go now and we recoup at least the wages we paid them whilst injured, then surely thats a good thing.

I don't see them as deserting the sinking ship, its more a case of what best for both parties.
If they go i shall wish them well and if a move falls through, which often happens. I hope people don't hold it against them.

Havn't been all through the thread, but I trust Hopper was paid in full with he's long injury and also maybe external rehab etc.

Now he's fit and well all he wants do is bugger off asap. Obviously wearing our shirt and badge means absolutely nothing like other players who want to leave hasn;t been giving it 100%.in case they get injured. Can't blame any player leaving a sinking ship tho.

Suppose Sol knows this well already but with still no new signings on the horizon it's looking pretty grim. i.e club in debt again.

To refer to the Cantona kick in this particular discussion is classicly inept. He was playing for Manure at Selhurst Park and he jumped into a HOME section to try his luck against an abusive Palace bonehead.
The point I was answering was abuse from the crowd and players overhearing. Also, was pointing out that it’s not just RH that has these types in attendance. I mentioned Cantona as I have often visualised a player one day taking a pop at one of these tw*ts, in a similar fashion.

Whilst being one of our 'better' players im not gonna lose any sleep over losing him or any of them.

Get rid. Gotta get the stink out the club.

There has to be at least a 1000 players gagging to play proper league 2 football. Id rather that then overpaid rubbish players who consider l2 as beneath them.

Let sol bring in who he wants for next season and let the chips fall.

Havn't been all through the thread, but I trust Hopper was paid in full with he's long injury and also maybe external rehab etc.

Now he's fit and well all he wants do is bugger off asap. Obviously wearing our shirt and badge means absolutely nothing like other players who want to leave hasn;t been giving it 100%.in case they get injured. Can't blame any player leaving a sinking ship tho.

Suppose Sol knows this well already but with still no new signings on the horizon it's looking pretty grim. i.e club in debt again.

For clarity, it was us that accepted the offer, not him. We gave him permission to speak to Lincoln. How do you know he wants to leave?

Last edited:
For clarity, it was us that accepted the offer, not him. We gave him permission to speak to Lincoln,. How do you know he wants to leave?

He might think smartly, if he rejects it and stays looks the bollocks in a **** team, when he can leave for free in the summer (relegation pending) he may even blag a newly promoted championship team or a lower end one as he will be available on a free.

it makes perfect sense for us to accept the Hopper bid if as we believe he has the free release clause of we go down.

Re HUmp as yet no bid has been received unless I have missed something

Hopper signs for us Imps. 3.5 year contract which is rather long. Guess Appleton reckons he is worth that lengthy contract. Read a bit about him on here, do you guys think he is a decent enough player for the 100-150k rumoured fee?

Hopper signs for us Imps. 3.5 year contract which is rather long. Guess Appleton reckons he is worth that lengthy contract. Read a bit about him on here, do you guys think he is a decent enough player for the 100-150k rumoured fee?
With a decent set of players around him he is worth the money you paid. He's one of those players that annoys defenders because he's always in their faces. For his height he is very good in the air and can hold the ball up when needed. I can't speak for the rest on here but for me he is the one player I didn't want to lose. That said he had a free transfer clause in his contract if we were relegated and that's looking a bit likely. Is seems this was your third time at the trough to get him so Appleton must rate him.

Hopefully there is a transfer clause which says he can't play against us next month as that would really hurt if he had a stormer.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Back