• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Hopper sold

12 points off safety but with a game in hand, and on the back of some decent form. Highly unlikely we stay up but not impossible. So to make it impossible by leaving us with only Goodship and Kelman as strikers is a strange decision.

Hooper will be a loss for sure, but it makes sense if he has a relegation release clause.

You have to decide if you think your down what is best for the club and getting max value to rebuild is the right choice i guess. Wouldn’t be surprised if Humphrys goes too

I sadly can understand the reasons why Hopper is going. Anyway, I thought, we've still got Kelman and Humphrys.....................................Oh dear!:Cry:..............Goodship and Kelman? There are still those on here who believe the 'great escape' is posssible, unfortunately, the club no longer seems to believe it. I think we've just had confirmation of our relegation this season........a sad day.

If that’s the case I understand us taking the offer, but shows absolutely no faith in the squad or the managers ability to save us.
It could be that Sol is facing up to a near reality and thinks it is better so he can build fo next season and maybe still have that very remote outside chance

12 points off safety but with a game in hand, and on the back of some decent form. Highly unlikely we stay up but not impossible. So to make it impossible by leaving us with only Goodship and Kelman as strikers is a strange decision.
If what the club have said is true we are in talks with a striker, but who and how good is not known by us obviously. Maybe Coxy is coming back lol

If this is the start of a general fire sale, they REALLY ****ing need to make some decent signings to give us some hope for next season and the rest of this season. If they just flog everyone and mug us all off for the next few months with dross and the youth team, Ron Martin can **** right off if he thinks I'll renew my season ticket.

What a ****ing **** show this is!

I thought we had passed the crisis point with the 3 points at the weekend. I was wrong, so wrong, the news about Hopper is the biggest kick in the nuts so far. I get the bit about the relegation clause in his contact, but ****, just ****.

If what the club have said is true we are in talks with a striker, but who and how good is not known by us obviously. Maybe Coxy is coming back lol
Yeah probably an 18 year old on loan from someone like Burnley who’s never played a professional game.

I heard Orient have made a bid for the massive TV in the East Stand bar.

At this rate, that age-old thing might need to lace up its boots for Saturday.

They are preparing for league 2

And so we should be.

I think we play Lincoln in a few weeks ?

Hopper to score a hattrick should be relatively appealing odds.

If that’s the case I understand us taking the offer, but shows absolutely no faith in the squad or the managers ability to save us.

John McClane couldn’t save us now.

I sadly can understand the reasons why Hopper is going. Anyway, I thought, we've still got Kelman and Humphrys.....................................Oh dear!:Cry:..............Goodship and Kelman? There are still those on here who believe the 'great escape' is posssible, unfortunately, the club no longer seems to believe it. I think we've just had confirmation of our relegation this season........a sad day.

Kelman? If he starts the 19/20 season with us, I’ll be amazed.

Last edited:
Disappointing of course however people complain we are a shambles when we can’t pay salaries. If this is what it takes to keep us alive, even if in League 2 then I’ll take it.

One of our better players but that’s not saying much and very happy to get some money for him. Whole squad needs a massive rebuild and if we manage to get a small fee for a striker who’s scored 3 goals in 17 games since returning from injury then we absolutely should. Campbell will have his own targets and as long as we keep Kelman alongside Campbell’s future signings then all is looking positive for next season.
Very impressed at how Campbell is SOMEHOW beginning to mould this squad.
Looked an impossible job a couple of months ago but at least it now fills me with some hope for next season.

If this is the start of a general fire sale, they REALLY ****ing need to make some decent signings to give us some hope for next season and the rest of this season. If they just flog everyone and mug us all off for the next few months with dross and the youth team, Ron Martin can **** right off if he thinks I'll renew my season ticket.

What a ****ing **** show this is!

Sadly, that might be our only way of redressing the financial problems we currently have. It’s a bitter pill to swallow, I know, but the alternative is....what? Throw money at the current problem?

@Yorkshire Blue made a good point when discussing this before - which I had to agree with - that going into a new term, we’d need to have a team who can hit the ground running.

Ideally, that’s what we’d start planning for, now. Axe the deadwood & cash in the decent ones, whilst recruiting a host of newbies, ready for the final few months of this season.

But this is Southend. When do we ever run smoothly?

We need another 4-5 big earners off the books first and foremost. Ron may well wait until the summer, when he can reassess the situation. At least by that time, we should know what kind of budget we will have to work with.

The last 18-months have easily been our worst - at least in my time supporting the club, and I fear it’s nowhere near finished yet.

Why did it have to be Lincoln, not sure why but I just really don’t like them.

If we had kept hooper,
we go down and we loose him for zero ( assuming this is correct) and have no money for players.
Supporters then find out we could have sold him for XXX but didn’t- . Everyone would be calling Ron an idiot

The only surprise here is it’s taken till 20th...i expect it will be hump next...and then anyone who offers us more than a tenner for a player.
oh and to buck the trend...I will renew my season ticket even if the price rises....no one thought this would be easy and fun right?

Back