• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Hopper

He was a big loss, and maybe I'm looking at the current squad with rose tinted glasses, but was he much of a better player than Cardwell? Cards is a big, strong, fit, quick lad who has excellent technique and work rate.

Honestly think Cardwell is the most likely to get a £500k fee in this squad, he makes very intelligent runs and once the other players get on his wavelength I can see him scoring 1 in 2 here.

Realise this is a thread on Hopper, but I do see similarities in these players and their importance to the team.

Last edited:
He was a big loss, and maybe I'm looking at the current squad with rose tinted glasses, but was he much of a better player than Cardwell? Cards is a big, strong, fit, quick lad who has excellent technique and work rate.

Honestly think Cardwell is the most likely to get a £500k fee in this squad, he makes very intelligent runs and once the other players get on his wavelength I can see him scoring 1 in 2 here.

Realise this is a thread on Hopper, but I do see similarities in these players and their importance to the team.

Hopper scored goals two division higher though.

Whilst I agree with your positive judgement of Cardwell (he certainly is a good player), you're definitely looking through rose-tinted glasses. Hopper was top drawer at that level, a level that is incidentally two divisions higher than our own.

I think further injuries have hindered his progress and it may well be why he might drop to league 2. As Cardwell knows, injuries can really affect your progress.

Sounds like Hopper might be signing for Colchester today from Lincoln, we shall see!
If he does @Colchester and proud! that could be a tremendous signing for you if you can keep him fit. His technique and positioning oused class and I absolutely loved the bloke when he was here, but we needed the dosh (when don't we?) and off he went.

If he does @Colchester and proud! that could be a tremendous signing for you if you can keep him fit. His technique and positioning oused class and I absolutely loved the bloke when he was here, but we needed the dosh (when don't we?) and off he went.
We shall see RHB he does have injury issues at times, but if we can keep him fit he seems like another decent signing, we have had a lot this window, no doubt a few players will be leaving shortly!

Reactions: RHB
Back