• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pak Power

Manager⭐
19 year old central defender who plays for Rangers and was on loan to Barnsley is on trial with us.

anyone know anything about him?

at least he plays in a position we are short in

And he might non be from the Ryman league, and looks like he has been eating, nonetheless good to be looking at promising youngsters.

Rangers released him at the end of last season, I believe he only featured in their U20 side and was previously with Brum academy. Not sure what to make of it, very promising by all accounts but hasn't made the breakthrough after Warburton signed him, so let go...

Had a read up on his profile from Rangers. Sounds like he is a ball playing centre back. Well they say he was decent on the ball. Intrigued to find out his height. Can't seem to find that anywhere. He seems to have a slight figure though, so not sure how he would cope against the forwards like JET etc...

Had a read up on his profile from Rangers. Sounds like he is a ball playing centre back. Well they say he was decent on the ball. Intrigued to find out his height. Can't seem to find that anywhere. He seems to have a slight figure though, so not sure how he would cope against the forwards like JET etc...

Warburton is building his team around good prospects from league one and league two. He's not the type of manager who is scared to include a kid. The fact that he has released him makes me wonder whether he will make the grade.

Andy Edwards was slight when he first started playing for the 1st team and then bulked up - as did Justin Edinburgh. This player is only 19 so perhaps has a couple of years to go before he starts adding more weight to his frame.

But otherwise you are right in asking how a player would cope against a very physical attacker - when I watch Thompson and Barrett they are always using their body to block other players movement and control their space. It is a very real skill that Phillips was very good at as well.

I think being tall and being good in the air are different, I want one who's dominant and aggressive (towards the ball at least) regardless of height

And where do we find this strong, quick, tall, experienced centre back!!!

When we find one and try to sign him, the same posters will be accusing PB of aiming to high, never afford his wages, etc.

I've checked with my Barnsley contacts who tell me Tom Lang was never on loan with them. He appears to have played as a trialist in one of their 'Barnsley XI' pre-season friendlies a few weeks ago but clearly did not impress if he is still looking for a club.

Tom Lang's never made a professional appearance as far as I can tell so probably not the experienced head we're looking for.

We need a strong quick tall experienced centre back, not a youngster.

Yeah good point, let's write this kid off. At the end of the day, if he hasn't played a pro game yet he has to be ****. I forgot most kids are born with league games under their belt already.....

Yeah good point, let's write this kid off. At the end of the day, if he hasn't played a pro game yet he has to be ****. I forgot most kids are born with league games under their belt already.....

We need some experience at the back to go with youth, surely even you can accept that?

Back