• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
We have been told by people on here that the likes of Tomlin has signed pre-contract with Gillingham months ago. I have raised this with the Football League as it wasnt clear whether a pre-contract can be signed 6 months or a month before the contract expires.

The answer is below:

Unless a player has been released from his contract, and is therefore a free agent, clubs are not able to sign any contractual agreements as players are under contract until the 30th June.

So there you go, there is no such thing as a pre-contract in the football league....

I think they can formally talk to other clubs a month before the contract expires. So yeah, if Tomlin had agreed a deal elsewhere I hope we'd take action for tapping our players up.

I've signed someone on fm in January before though, either though their contract was running until June?

I've signed someone on fm in January before though, either though their contract was running until June?

I'd assume that the player was based in a different country. Clubs can make agreements (pre-contracts) with players in the last six months of their contracts but only in cross-border cases.

I'd assume that the player was based in a different country. Clubs can make agreements (pre-contracts) with players in the last six months of their contracts but only in cross-border cases.

Makes sense now. Cheers. :thumbsup:

In FM I think you can still sign players domestically towards the end of the contract, looks like they have it wrong in that case.

Did the football league say if a brown envelope stuffed with cash handed over to the people concerned is legally binding? :omg:

No doubt someone will say whether that is or is not possible on "F.M." ................:facepalm:

Did the football league say if a brown envelope stuffed with cash handed over to the people concerned is legally binding? :omg:

No doubt someone will say whether that is or is not possible on "F.M." ................:facepalm:

If you have it on "Steve Evans" mode you are allowed to make them .....

In my football manager game we won promotion last season. Why didnt this happen in real life? I'm puzzled

Back