• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Semi-Spanish Shrimper

High School Student
Was on crutches today so he clearly won't be available for Tuesday night. As Sturrock said after the game, today showed how important he is for us. Anyone know how long he is expected to be out for?

Thigh muscle tear, was having physio right up almost to kick off - nearly had to hold the Player of the Month trophy over!

Not good news. As we don't have anyone else who can so what Tomlin does, we need to change the style of play. I expect to see us go 'longer' whilst he's out, and fans shouldn't complain.

we were a bit direct today, Corr was awful today thus leading to nothing sticking up top, missed tomlin so much. Personally i am hoping for torrential downpours followed by the biggest cold snap in history cancelling most sporting fixtures for the next 3 weeks, get well soon Gav

Was by the tea bar in East Stand (green) just after the 2nd half started and who was queuing up but Martin Allen (with a very nice lady) Gills manager, so grabbed a quick chat with him and he told me he was back to watch Gavin Tomlin again so they are still on his case. I asked him how much they had offered and he said he had left that to Mr Scally(chairman)and he did'nt know, so I said why not wait until the summer when he is out of contract to which he replied I know he is but I would rather get him now.

Tough mad dog he is our player and sadly injured for now so keep your money in your pocket .

Was by the tea bar in East Stand (green) just after the 2nd half started and who was queuing up but Martin Allen (with a very nice lady) Gills manager, so grabbed a quick chat with him and he told me he was back to watch Gavin Tomlin again so they are still on his case. I asked him how much they had offered and he said he had left that to Mr Scally(chairman)and he did'nt know, so I said why not wait until the summer when he is out of contract to which he replied I know he is but I would rather get him now.

Well good luck with that Mad Dog, does he even know the transfer deadline has passed? Does he think we'll allow our top goalscorer out ON LOAN to a promotion rival when he is out of contract in the summer and can walk for nothing? :hilarious:

Last edited:
Radio stated today that he may be out for several weeks. It seems to me that Lavery might be the natural choice if Luggy wants to play the same style.

Torn thigh muscle according to the radio. Done that myself and unless its a nightmare one, he should be back in 2-3 weeks. With a bit of luck maybe even be in time for the Orient 2nd leg.

Torn thigh muscle according to the radio. Done that myself and unless its a nightmare one, he should be back in 2-3 weeks. With a bit of luck maybe even be in time for the Orient 2nd leg.

I know phyiso and treatments are hugely advanced now days, but we dont want to rush him back and find he does himself further harm and have him missing for even longer!
Its a shame we are in the position, as with Gavin, where he makes such a big difference when hes missing. Although its good to have Britt back, the pairing of BBBC and Britt wasnt working against Oxford, although I must admit itll take Britt a game or two to get back into it, and BBBC had, IMO, an 'off' day yesterday.

Not according to the club! Think that was his ninth today.

It was actually his 9th caution. The one he got at Oxford was followed by a second yellow (and red) and therefore does not count.

Thigh muscle tear, was having physio right up almost to kick off - nearly had to hold the Player of the Month trophy over!

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

What a shame we havent got a fit and firing Freddy Eastwood to step into his place. Lot of pressure on Britt who has only just returned from injury. As Luggy said, Tomlin pushed us up the pitch with his energy. I fear now we will sit too deep against teams especially as our midfield line up isnt that pacy. Be great to have Gavin back for the Orient 2nd leg as think we will need him.

I big blow , but i think that corr and britt have goals in them especially now we have reeves who can actually get beyond a teams back four.

FWIW i think that corr ran himself into the ground on saturday and im happy with that.

I big blow , but i think that corr and britt have goals in them especially now we have reeves who can actually get beyond a teams back four.

FWIW i think that corr ran himself into the ground on saturday and im happy with that.

I thought it was just me who was quite happy with Corr yesterday!

I thought it was just me who was quite happy with Corr yesterday!

Yeah he tried hard , and if it wasn't for him chasing what some thought was a lost cause , we would never have scored.
I just wish he would cut out the stupid fouls for 'obvious pushes'.
I knew that all strikers and centre backs are 'at it' all the time , and that's part of the game , but I would like him to bit a little more subtle at times in this fine art.

Back