• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Well, not ashamed to admit that I said Tomlin was terrible a few games back (Think it was P.Vale).

Since then he has proved me wrong and be impressive to say the least.

That first goal seems to have been the confidence boost he needed so full marks to Tomlin for proving me wrong. :thumbsup:

Well, not ashamed to admit that I said Tomlin was terrible a few games back (Think it was P.Vale).

That first goal seems to have been the confidence boost he needed so full marks to Tomlin for proving me wrong. :thumbsup:

Well for me he has always been more than useful to the side though I have doubted his goal credentials and for the moment still do. Nice scoring return of late but a few goals in a few games does not make him consistent. I do hope he can maintain a goal threat and am more than pleased to see him get reward for shift he puts in.

Like I said before, having two loan midfielder who always pass the ball to his feet, does help, instead of lumping long ball that Tomlin can't win Vs a big centre back, he can beat them with his skills & quick movement.

Seems like the floodgates have opened with him getting that first goal! Long may it continue!

Well for me he has always been more than useful to the side though I have doubted his goal credentials and for the moment still do. Nice scoring return of late but a few goals in a few games does not make him consistent. I do hope he can maintain a goal threat and am more than pleased to see him get reward for shift he puts in.

Agreed - for me he is very good attacking player, but not really a striker as such. If we'd been playing 4-5-1 all season with him as one of the 5 no-one would have any complaints. Some people sadly only judge "strikers" on goals alone.

For me, if he plays the whole season up top without scoring another goal and we get promoted then he's done a good job.

His finishing was embarrassing, he would get clean through then scuff his shot towards the corner flag.

However since getting that first goal has gone goal crazy. Hopefully it was all self confidence and he has turned a corner.

Always liked him as a player but said he had no end product, well he has shown over the last week he has one, lets hope it continues!

shame on all you lot that thought tomlin was rubbish, even when he wasnt scoring goals he was such a good player for us and still fans went against him, just shows really what people know about football really, now lets send eastwood out on loan for a month to get games and both parties will benefit from it im sure.

I spoke to his Dad at Rotherham and he was saying that as soon as he got his first goal he would get a hatfull, at the time he was creating loads but scared to shoot, I put it down to a father's pride for his son, looks like he knew what he was talking about

It's a shame there isn't a thread entitled "Tomlin Proves Backers Right".

Back