• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

griblet

Tomlin to Northampton? - At least according to our Northampton supporter in the office (info via a 'tweet' from someone connected to the team). Also reminded me that Akinfenwa is looking for a new club and he has been many times linked with a move to us

As you have put a question mark in place it is fair to say it is all ifs and buts and heresay. Lets discuss transfers when they actually happen with respect.

Doubt we could afford to sign Akinfenwa, would have to take a massive wage cut from what he had at Northampton but then I doubt he will get that sort of deal anywhere else.

1 season wonder! (i hope).

Well ( and without any sense of 'I was right' ) I thought he looked a really good players even before he started scoring last season.
He was getting all sorts of abuse both on here and in the ground and it obviously affected his confidence.
But once he was up and running , he looked a really sharp player.
Big loss for us.

Well ( and without any sense of 'I was right' ) I thought he looked a really good players even before he started scoring last season.
He was getting all sorts of abuse both on here and in the ground and it obviously affected his confidence.
But once he was up and running , he looked a really sharp player.
Big loss for us.

I agree with this. His hard grafting in finding space and strethcing defences to allow other forwards space went largely unnoticed apart from as you say the abuse he took. Strikers are judged on goals and when he found his touch didn't do too bad in this dept.

As you have put a question mark in place it is fair to say it is all ifs and buts and heresay. Lets discuss transfers when they actually happen with respect.

Personally can't see any problems with people posting rumours when they're from a good source, this forum is full of them! It makes better more interesting reading than a lot of stuff on here!

Personally can't see any problems with people posting rumours when they're from a good source, this forum is full of them! It makes better more interesting reading than a lot of stuff on here!

Yeah good point. Automatically thought of Rumours. But then apparently a personal source said Togwell was signing yesterday.

Doubt we could afford to sign Akinfenwa, would have to take a massive wage cut from what he had at Northampton but then I doubt he will get that sort of deal anywhere else.

He was on £2500 a week apparently. He is not worth anything like that much now. Does score goals but after each season the Titanic Turns quicker.

Is that the best he can do load of cobblers if you ask me . Tomlin doesn't look very high does he .

He was on £2500 a week apparently. He is not worth anything like that much now. Does score goals but after each season the Titanic Turns quicker.

Heard the same thing, will need to half that to come here. He is actually surprisingly mobile for a big guy.

Heard the same thing, will need to half that to come here. He is actually surprisingly mobile for a big guy.
Yes you are right. He seems to get bigger every year At the right price he would be a good bet in this Division. Chairman at Cobblers is trying to cut wage Bill so he was never getting new contract. He is a really nice Guy .They will miss him at sixfields

Back