• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy Mooney interview

Shame as I have nothing but fond memories of seeing Tommy in a Southend shirt.
Watford got so the better deal in all of that...

Ian Atkins was Roy McDonoughs best mate , i think they were best man at each others weddings .

Going back to the original link , that Watford website giving interviews on former players is superb , and surprising how many ex shrimpers are classed as Watford legends --- Keith Dublin , Derek Payne , Jason Pineapple-on-his-head, theo Robinson , Richard Jobson + Eric Steele among them !

We should have something similar , would be fantastic reading.

Peter Taylor was the wrong choice in January 1994, has we got a better manager to keep the team spirits together, we would have gone up.

Peter Taylor was the wrong choice in January 1994, has we got a better manager to keep the team spirits together, we would have gone up.

i dont think so.

Spud was the right manager - there was so much animosity for Fry, it felt right to employ a former player who knew the club. I don't remember there being many other contenders either.

Back