• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy Widdrington fireworks?

Ricky Otto

President⭐
I play football with the sons of Gary Hill, former dagenham and rushden manager. Whenever I see him I ask about what's going on as he is good friends with Tilly and often has a few interesting tit bits. I didn't get anything on Tilly but Gary isn't the biggest fan of our new assistant manager, a couple of seasons back when Gary was in charge at rushden they played Salisbury and after a few heated exchanges during the match things came to a head with Gary and tommy at the final whistle when Gary got arrested for headbutting tommy. Can we expect fireworks on the roots hall touchline?

I play football with the sons of Gary Hill, former dagenham and rushden manager. Whenever I see him I ask about what's going on as he is good friends with Tilly and often has a few interesting tit bits. I didn't get anything on Tilly but Gary isn't the biggest fan of our new assistant manager, a couple of seasons back when Gary was in charge at rushden they played Salisbury and after a few heated exchanges during the match things came to a head with Gary and tommy at the final whistle when Gary got arrested for headbutting tommy. Can we expect fireworks on the roots hall touchline?

Should keep those who want some passion on the touchline happy.

These things happen in football, it can be a very volatile game with passions running high. Lots of things happen in the spur of the moment. I'm sure they are both embarrassed about their little spat.

I think it's about time we see a bit of passion from at least one of our management team. I personally don't mind it as it shows they care and want to be winners.

Sorry to say this, kingSHRIMPER, but Garry Hill has been known to be somewhat 'colourful' and IIRC has been at the centre of controversy several times in the past. On the face of it, I wouldn't be inclined to think any less of any opposing coach who had a run in with Hill on the basis that so many have, it is hardly unusual!

sounds passionate then which is good, but you say the Gary headbutted Tommy and not the other way round !!

Ha! Ive got no problem with that at all.

Tommy always was a bit feisty on the pitch too, good to show passion and fight.

shame Baileys not here, it sounds like Tommy needs some caoching on how to get the opposition sent off
icon7.png

And Hill got a 10 game ban for that headbutt so he was hardly blameless in that incident. As far as I know he's spent the last year sniffing around non league clubs trying to get a job without much success.

I don't doubt that Gary was in the wrong, the 10 game ban would certainly suggest that, but Tommy obviously said some things that provoked such a reaction and certainly didn't shy away from the confrontation.
The Tilly having no passion on the sidelines opinion always annoyed me. It'll be interesting to see if those who criticised Tilly, embrace Tommy.
I am yet to form an opinion but I have heard several people voice concern as to whether Sturrock will be able to keep Tommy on a leash.

So he gets headbutted and its him that needs to be kept on a leash ?

He is the assistant manager, even if he gets banned it doesnt really matter anyway, and I doubt sturrock will stand for it.

I don't doubt that Gary was in the wrong, the 10 game ban would certainly suggest that, but Tommy obviously said some things that provoked such a reaction and certainly didn't shy away from the confrontation.
The Tilly having no passion on the sidelines opinion always annoyed me. It'll be interesting to see if those who criticised Tilly, embrace Tommy.
I am yet to form an opinion but I have heard several people voice concern as to whether Sturrock will be able to keep Tommy on a leash.

However wasn't Brushy a bit lively at times???

Tilly was happy for Brushy to have a go at the officials..

Back