• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommytwoholes

I have been keeping a close eye on shrimperzone in the last week and it would appear that the recent harmony that we have enjoyed on here is starting to disperse. The main reasons for this seem to be as follows:

A) Certain players getting stick and others taking exception
B) We have forgotten we where we were just two years ago.

Here are my views on this for what they are worth.

Firstly not everybody will have the same views on certain players. Just because one person thinks a player is **** doesnt mean that view will be the same across the board. Personally i despised maher when he first cam to the club and have to admit that i wanted him out and openly said so at the time. I will be first also to admit that Maher has been and hopefully will continue to be part of what we are trying to achieve here. He is an excellent reader of the game and without setting the game alight does his job of BALL WINNER very effectively . He is not going to fly in to the box and nor is he going to thunder shots in from 25 yards that is NOT his role. The sooner people realise this they will see what a great player in his position he is. JCR well what can i say that hasnt already been said . JCR for me is as much exciting as he is frustrating the good news for us is that is the most eager and enthusiastic player on the pitch and at 22 still is young enough to be moulded into the player the we can see in him. At the end of the day ask yourself this. Would you rather have a lazy winger picking up a good wage who puts in a great ball or would you rather have JCR he would quite literally chase waste paper for the cause and given time can only improve. Lastly Paynter i have to unfortunately agree that from what i have seen he is not the striker we had hoped he was . I think if we had ot him on a free transfer we would not be so irate, but becuase we paid a reported 200k for him we are a little anxious to get a good return. Lets put this into perspective . Tilly is a young manager who loves our club, he is still learning and beleive it or not he is not god and will make mistakes, but if tilly sees something in paynter to warrant 200k there the must be something we havent seen. What i do know is this, yes we all pay to watch and yes we are ALL entitled to our opinions , but rather than just cane the players during game why not encourage during and leave the abuse till after. I mean you are at work and somebody says " you useless fcking pr1ck " you workrate drops through the floor. Your at work and somebody says "That was poor ,but chin up keep going i know you can do better" You will try harder. Think about that next time we are at the hall. Give it a go it might just work.
Lastly a few of us need reminding how far we have come this last couple of seasons. This year is a relegation battle make no mistake and for those of you not accustomed to this , this means that we will lose more than we win and will be outplayed at times. Try to remember this when the team are giving 100% against a supremely more experienced and expensive team. It wasn't long ago that we would have been raving about the Brighton game as brilliant game with a decent turn out.

TIT
(Trust in Tilly)

Here here . I havent and wont forget where we were 2 years ago . Ive been a supporter for 35 years and know you have to take the crunchy with the smooth. Tilly is the dogs dangly bits as far as im concerned and I have made a promise to myself not to slag any player outloud during a game , it simply does no good at all . Paynter doesnt look like good value at 200 k and i wonder how much Tilly listened to Spud Taylors recomendation of him ? but on the other hand Freddy doesnt look a bad buy for 40 grand does he and Hammel on a free wasnt a bad bit of business, persuading the Goat to join us wasnt too sad either , Gutts on a free etc etc .

Nice tommytwoholes, a good read.

I really agree with everything up there and I also think paynter could be a good bit of business at 200k. I think the only time we can really judge him AS A PLAYER will be when he plays in the role that suits him best, which I think is just off of the front man, but until Eastwood gets injured or sent off we wont know. I thought Billy did well against an albeit league 1 side in the form of Brighton but he showed he has the potential to me, and it wasn't all potential, he does look like he could add something to the game coming on for fred/ricketts with 10-20mins left, Come on Billy, I believe in you, keep it up.
smile.gif

Wtf posted a post in the complete wrong forum!
Anyway, yes a good read. As long as im not one of them idiot fans I dont mind!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 21 2006,19:38)]Agree with nearly all you have said. The only thing I disagree with is your apparant boycott on paragraphing.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
In full agreement Dave. And after reading the things that annoy Matt the Shrimp on the other forum surely its not too long before such poor grammar and punctuation will be punished with yellow cards for us all!
tounge.gif

Sorry boys was quite long winded and its been while since my knuckles were slapped by the english teacher:p

I knew you would have your two pennys worth Doddfather (ci)

One thing I would point out is that you're big enough to admit you got it wrong re Maher. You're not the only one, there's many people out there who have done the same. (Personally I have always liked him but that's a different issue.)

The point though is do you think it is possible that Paynter may also change your mind?

Will i change my mind about paynter?

That all depends if he starts to play doesnt it. I want billy to be a player that i can cheer , but that is all down to him doing it on the pitch. I have to be honest he reminds me of Graham Jones and that is not a good thing at all. That said Drew broughton had no skill and i got to love him in the end purely because he was like a daft dog chasing around tongue out all enthusiastic.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Sep. 22 2006,15:37)]Will i change my mind about paynter?

That all depends if he starts to play doesnt it. I want billy to be a player that i can cheer , but that is all down to him doing it on the pitch. I have to be honest he reminds me of Graham Jones and that is not a good thing at all. That said Drew broughton had no skill and i got to love him in the end purely because he was like a daft dog chasing around tongue out all enthusiastic.
laugh.gif
I have to say at this moment in time (maybe that will change, I don't know) I think I'd rather have Drewe than Billy Paynter. Controversial I know but I didn't think Drewe was all that bad.

Yeah but Drewe will always be a legend (leg end?) for scoring the goal that knocked out the scum and got us into the first LDV final!

I only take issue with Paynter for this reason only. He is built like a brick sh!thouse and as tall as me, he is a target who for reasons best known to him, gets out of the line of fire. Why? If he wants to score then get into a scoring position, use your size and stop acting the c%&t. Simple as that. He does that and i'll pay homage, until then im not impressed.

Back