• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tomorrow's team will be ...

The General

The Mouse (*)
Just spoken to Tilly and this will be tomorrow's team:

Flahavan

Jupp Cort Stuart Nicky

Bentley Hunt Maher Gower

Broughton Connie

Subs: Jenks, Wilson, Corbett, Clark and Dudfield

Kev

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I can see us leaking afew goals tomorrow with Stuart in defence plsu Cort aint playin that well at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 19 2004,22:18)]Just spoken to Tilly and this will be tomorrow's team:

Flahavan

Jupp  Cort  Stuart  Nicky

Bentley  Hunt  Maher  Gower

Broughton  Connie

Kev

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
"Me and my mate Tilly!"

You name dropper you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 20 2004,08:41)]Would have thought the following would be better

Flahavan

Jupp  Cort  Hunt Nicky

Connie  Bentley  Maher  Gower

ORM     Dudfield
No!

You are going to be kept busy by Emma Bunton!

Baby Spice?! Who is she trying to kid? Try Overweight Spice!
laugh.gif
ghostface.gif

well according to teletext broughton will miss tonights game through injury??..If so who will partner connie up front? Will dudfield be risked or will corbett get his chance? Seem to be lacking options up front tonight. Or is teletext completely off the mark....again!!??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 19 2004,22:18)]Just spoken to Tilly and this will be tomorrow's team:

Flahavan

Jupp  Cort  Stuart  Nicky

Bentley  Hunt  Maher  Gower

Broughton  Connie

Kev

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
I thought Drewe was injured?

Well according to the Beeb he is...

BBC Sport - SUFC v Hull

rock.gif

Is Corbett back to full fitness yet ?

If Dudfield is to get half a game then perhaps start with :

Flahavan
Jupp                                           Nicolau
                   Cort      Hunt

Gower                                        Jenkins
                  Maher      Bentley

Constantine         Corbett / Dudfield (45mins each)

What a great choice on the bench with both Wilson and Stuart to feature in the squad !!!

What's happened to Kightly? Is he injured?

Is there no one else from the youth/reserve set up pushing for first team inclusion?

Jamie Stuart played extremely well at centre back against Northampton as he has done in some reserve games. IMO he plays better there as he has no time on the ball and is just expected to win headers/tackles, whereas at full back he is expected to bring the ball out of defence but his passing and distribution are bloody awful

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ April 20 2004,10:41)]What's happened to Kightly? Is he injured?
Kightly is out for the rest of the season with some kind of hip or pelvic injury so I believe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ April 20 2004,11:09)]Jamie Stuart played extremely well at centre back against Northampton as he has done in some reserve games.
Didn't he also play CB in the LDV game against Bristol Rovers and play very well?

beg to disagree with Stuart at CB - both Cort and Stuart I thought lacked dominance in the air on Saturday and were susceptible to pace - Stuart gave away a pointless freekick from which Northampton equalised from and looked sluggish all game.
I just cant think of what Stuart's best position at this club is !!??!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,11:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ April 20 2004,11:09)]Jamie Stuart played extremely well at centre back against Northampton as he has done in some reserve games.
Didn't he also play CB in the LDV game against Bristol Rovers and play very well?
yes he did, with Jenks at LB and they were excellent together

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ April 20 2004,11:22)]Stuart gave away a pointless freekick from which Northampton equalised
I thought Maher gave the free kick away which they equalised from. Well that's what the KMAS thought in front of me.

rock.gif

Ok apologies to Mr Stuart - but he is still useless
laugh.gif

Agree about Bentley - he cant play wide - I was surprised to see Gower play up alongside Constantine - would have thought Bentley would have been a better option. Especially as Bentley looks strong breaking from the middle (esp. v Darlington)

Lets hope Kev's wrong again as I don't fancy that side's chances of beating Hull. IMHO it'd be madness to play Hunt and Maher in the centre, with Gower and Bentley out 'wide'. That team will lack the necessary width to break Hull down, and that central midfield will be too static with two holding midfielders sitting there.

One of Clark and Jenkins must play instead of Hunt, and I'd be quite tempted to let Clarky run at the Hull defence as I've a hunch he'll do well. With him you tend to know quite early whether he'll do anything in the game, so if he's looking off the pace again, plan B would be to bring on Jenkins.

Hmmm. I'm rubbish at trying to choose a team. Oh well. Stuart is much better at centre back than left back. I hope that Hunt is put back into the central defence with Leon so they can try and deal with the best strikeforce in this Division. I would like to see this team played, but it wont happen:

Flahavan

Jupp Hunt Cort Jenks

Gower Maher Bentley Nicky

Corbett Connie

Subs: Wilson, Stuart, Dudfield, Clark and
rock.gif

Kev

biggrin.gif

Back