• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
Things dont change much.
Tonight 74 ,the IRA ,set 2 bombs off,killing 19 people.
saly ,i remember it well,came downstairs,from doing something!!,with my then girlfriend J.K...put the tv on and it was news.
I think it was this christmas that the IRA started another "christmas bombing campaign" and after a bomb went off ,i think,in Oxford st,we decided to go up London the night after(the bomb),to show the terrorist...stuff you and life goes on.
Sadly terrorism does not seem to stop.

Sadly Terrorism has been troubling this country for years, Catholic plots , anarchist attacks, countries seeking their independence.
However, me should remember how the recent Irish troubles were resolved, negotiation, we did not ban all Irish from entering the UK, nor did we send those over here home. we didn't close the Catholic Churches or bomb the crap out of Belfast, we negotiated. not sure tbh if that will be quite as simple this time because the attacks are intended to cause civil unrest here in Europe . But the its worth bearing in mind that diplomacy has brought success where hate hasnt

In the last week a long time French friend, a Captain in the Gendarmerie, asked me how I (and other Brits) felt about the Paris attacks. I tried to explain that bombings and such are things that we empathised with; and spoke of the plot to blow up the methane tanks at Canvey, the power station at Rayleigh, Dennis Tuite and the IRA cell working from Braintree, the Canary Wharf, Hyde Park bombings - none of which he knew much or anything of: and that we Brits often, are very much pro the Emerald isle, guiness and the Irish people in general, which is/was known to be largely separate from the nutters and murderers: as far apart as the Paris murderers are from the guys at our favorite curry house or other stereotype are.

Sadly Terrorism has been troubling this country for years, Catholic plots , anarchist attacks, countries seeking their independence.
However, me should remember how the recent Irish troubles were resolved, negotiation, we did not ban all Irish from entering the UK, nor did we send those over here home. we didn't close the Catholic Churches or bomb the crap out of Belfast, we negotiated. not sure tbh if that will be quite as simple this time because the attacks are intended to cause civil unrest here in Europe . But the its worth bearing in mind that diplomacy has brought success where hate hasnt

Worth bearing in mind that nobody ever surrenders when their winning. The IRA opted for diplomacy only after they had been infiltrated by British intelligence and they were being shot dead on their way to commit murder. They were finished After 9/11 when their funding from NORAID dried up as Americans finally realised what being a victim of terrorism actually means.

There is of course huge differences between the IRA and ISIS. Even the blindest left wing apologist can see that negotiation is not an option for what ISIS hope to achieve.

Worth bearing in mind that nobody ever surrenders when their winning. The IRA opted for diplomacy only after they had been infiltrated by British intelligence and they were being shot dead on their way to commit murder. They were finished After 9/11 when their funding from NORAID dried up as Americans finally realised what being a victim of terrorism actually means.

There is of course huge differences between the IRA and ISIS. Even the blindest left wing apologist can see that negotiation is not an option for what ISIS hope to achieve.

True, but hating all Irish and or Catholics, or sending everyone of Irish descent back did not solve the problem either, something the Right do not appear to have grasped either.
Hate will not solve this issue, it will fuel it. Negotiation may not be possible with ISIS , I agree, but action against non ISIS muslims is not going to fix it either, it will only make it worse, Look how bloody Sunday galvanised the IRA cause.

True, but hating all Irish and or Catholics, or sending everyone of Irish descent back did not solve the problem either, something the Right do not appear to have grasped either.
Hate will not solve this issue, it will fuel it. Negotiation may not be possible with ISIS , I agree, but action against non ISIS muslims is not going to fix it either, it will only make it worse, Look how bloody Sunday galvanised the IRA cause.

Why are you trying to twist what I've said. No one on the zone has every said any of the above. Even the ones you and the tree amigos or should I say comrades (TUIB *** MKS) love to label racist.

If any one makes a valid point that the left have no answer to, why do they behave with the same mentality of ISIS.... our way or no way.

I was not twisting what you said, I was reiterating what I had put in my previous posts, the bits you chose to ignore.
You used the word racist, not I,

No one is saying do it our way, I was just pointing out what was not done at the time of the troubles, hence use of words such as " We should remember".

Why are you trying to twist what I've said. No one on the zone has every said any of the above. Even the ones you and the tree amigos or should I say comrades (TUIB *** MKS) love to label racist

If any one makes a valid point that the left have no answer to, why do they behave with the same mentality of ISIS.... our way or no way.

You stupidly accused me of racism Rigsby, I never said those words to anybody on here. Get your facts right.

You stupidly accused me of racism Rigsby, I never said those words to anybody on here. Get your facts right.

You were the one who accused our military of breaking the Geneva Convention, which of course would make them war criminals. I dare say I'm not the only one who has always thought that people who commit war crimes are just a little bit err......racist.

You were the one who accused our military of breaking the Geneva Convention, which of course would make them war criminals. I dare say I'm not the only one who has always thought that people who commit war crimes are just a little bit err......racist.

No I didn't.

Things dont change much.
Tonight 74 ,the IRA ,set 2 bombs off,killing 19 people.
saly ,i remember it well,came downstairs,from doing something!!,with my then girlfriend J.K...put the tv on and it was news.
I think it was this christmas that the IRA started another "christmas bombing campaign" and after a bomb went off ,i think,in Oxford st,we decided to go up London the night after(the bomb),to show the terrorist...stuff you and life goes on.
Sadly terrorism does not seem to stop.

I remember it well too, since I was a student at Brum Poly. at the time (fortunately for me I was away that weekend in Southend).

One of the pubs which was bombed was The Mulberry Bush very near the Gosta Green campus,always popular with students and a pub which we used to use regularly after football matches on Wednesday evenings to refuel.

On the night of the attack, (a Thursday IIRC), M.D. one of the lads on the same course as me was in the pub.He's now permanently deaf in one ear.He was one of the lucky ones.

Nice story about MD, who was then an IMG member (ie a Trot). He was in a local hospital in a general ward when Prince Philip was due to visit.Martin was always very vocal and articulate and had made his anti-Royalty views clear to all the staff on the ward.Hey presto -the day Prince Philip came to visit he was moved into a private room to save the Royal blushes!

I remember it well too, since I was a student at Brum Poly. at the time (fortunately for me I was away that weekend in Southend).

One of the pubs which was bombed was The Mulberry Bush very near the Gosta Green campus,always popular with students and a pub which we used to use regularly after football matches on Wednesday evenings to refuel.

On the night of the attack, (a Thursday IIRC), M.D. one of the lads on the same course as me was in the pub.He's now permanently deaf in one ear.He was one of the lucky ones.

Nice story about MD, who was then an IMG member (ie a Trot). He was in a local hospital in a general ward when Prince Philip was due to visit.Martin was always very vocal and articulate and had made his anti-Royalty views clear to all the staff on the ward.Hey presto -the day Prince Philip came to visit he was moved into a private room to save the Royal blushes!

And indeed his colleagues,****.

Back