• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonight's insurance

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
I fully expect at least one of tonight's games to go against us, but obviously, hope both do not.

Therefore, it's insurance time. Basically, this means paying out money I am willing to forego in the hope that both Brentford and Col Ewe do not win. So tonight, I am prepared to pay £25 that they both do not win. I pay Ladbrokes, who have the longest combined odds for both to win, and hope the money stays there.

In the event that both the Bees and the Ewes collect three points, I, sadly collect £151.25 (including my original £25 insurance (stake money)).

For the record a £5 insurance would return £30.25; £10 would return £60.50; and £20 would return £121.

The odds are Col Ewe 7/4, and Brentford 6/5.

No offence, but I also hope you lose your money!
wink.gif

Very nice odds there! Might have to have a little flutter on that me thinks! Thanks C C Csiders.

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Mar. 21 2006,10:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 21 2006,10:49)]Very nice odds there! Might have to have a little flutter on that me thinks! Thanks C C Csiders.

Kev
Hope we both lose
biggrin.gif
I dont!!

laugh.gif

Brentford are now evens to win
sad.gif

However, although this is not exactly an insurance bet, if add leeds v palace as a draw into a treble then £10 results in £176 payout

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 21 2006,11:08)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 21 2006,10:49)]Very nice odds there! Might have to have a little flutter on that me thinks! Thanks C C Csiders.

Kev
Hope we both lose
biggrin.gif
I dont!!

laugh.gif
Says the man who bet on Franchise scum beating us 2-1!! You *******!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Mar. 21 2006,12:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 21 2006,11:08)]
[b said:
[b said:

Kev
Hope we both lose
biggrin.gif
I dont!!

laugh.gif
Says the man who bet on Franchise scum beating us 2-1!! You *******!
As CCC says, insurance!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ldnfatso @ Mar. 21 2006,13:36)]£20 put on Brentford and Col Ewe Wins for me! Hope i lose too!
Glad i wasted my money!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Bit like wasting it last Saturday at MK but without freezing my b0!!ocks off!

I bet Hartlepool are 4-1 or 12/4 to beat us away, so why not try and bet on hartlepool to get a away win, its for insurance. I would put a fiver on it, If I lost, who care as we got 3pts instead ....

I remember reading an guilt laden article about a couple of lads who made a few quid betting against us the season we got relegated from the old 1st division under Ronnie Whelan.

Can anyone remember where it is and provide a link.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Mar. 22 2006,10:46)]I bet Hartlepool are 4-1 or 12/4 to beat us away, so why not try and bet on hartlepool to get a away win, its for insurance.  I would put a fiver on it, If I lost, who care as we got 3pts instead ....
I've just had a punt on Hartlepool as a saver - excellent odds considering they've only lost one in their last eight.

If you want to cover the draw secenario, then many bookies offer a "draw no bet" option.  Basically they return your stake if it's a draw.  

However, you can get the same result by doing separate win and draw bets, with the draw bet covering your total stake.  So, based on the best currently available odds for Saturday of 5-1 for a Hartlepool win and 13-5 the draw, I've done £14.44 on a Hartlepool win and £5.56 on the draw.

If we win, I'm £20 down  
biggrin.gif

If we draw, I'm 1p up  
smile.gif

If we lose, I'm £72.20 up  
sad.gif

Usually the draw no bet gives you the same return but the bookies so far offering this bet for Saturday are offering very poor odds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 22 2006,13:08)]I remember reading an guilt laden article about a couple of lads who made a few quid betting against us the season we got relegated from the old 1st division under Ronnie Whelan.

Can anyone remember where it is and provide a link.
I think Bob Sills talks about this in his book "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

He and his mates pretty much paid for all their away trips in the 96-97 season by betting on us to lose 3-1 or 4-1.

Back