• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonight = shambolic

Farmer Fossett

Youth Team⭐
Observations from tonight:
Pre Match and Half Time

1) Pre match what was the club / Tilson thinking of broadcasting an interview with Tilson stating that Sawyer is not ready (great confidence boost) then putting him on half way through second half!!

2) Radio Holmes - the guy obviously love the sound of his own voice and must still think he is on local radio. No carisma organised the shambolic half time entertainment. Bring back Brian Wheeler fly him back from Cyprus!!

3) Half time entertainment shambolic - feel sorry for Bluebells.

Match
4) Too many inexperienced players midfield was a joke. It is OK getting youth players from Premier Clubs etc they however must be introduced playing with experienced players. Surely Tilson should know this by now. Tilson is no Wenger we need an experienced central midfield player before end of transfer window.

5) Ref - inconsistent.

6) Not enough quality in side. We can not exect to lose our two best players from last year, not replace them and still expect to finish top 6.

7) Betsy is he a reincarnation of JCR? Good skill no end result can't cross!

Post Match

8) Why doid we let Hunt and Hooper leave? Hunt would have been ideal in Midfield today.

9) Foran should be given another chance. Most of us know what allegedly happened but leaving him in reserves is no answer.

Last edited:
Pre Match and Half Time

1) Pre match what was the club / Tilson thinking of broadcasting an interview with Tilson stating that Sawyer is not ready (great confidence boost) then putting him on half way through second half!!

2) Radio Holmes - the guy obviously love the sound of his own voice and must still think he is on local radio. No carisma organised the shambolic half time entertainment. Bring bach Brian Wheeler fly him back from Cyprus!!

3) Half time entertainment shambolic - feel sorry bor Bluebells.

Match
4) Too many inexperienced players midfield was a joke. It is OK getting youth players from Premier Clubs etc they however must be introduced playing with experienced players. Surely Tilson should know this by now. Tilson is no Wenger we need an experienced central midfield player before end of transfer window.

5) Ref - inconsistent.

6) Not enough quality in side. We can not exect to lose ou two best players from last year, not replace them and still expect to finish top 6.

Post Match

8) Why doid we let Hunt and Hooper leave? Hunt would have been ideal in Midfield today.

9) Foran should be given another chance. Most of us know what allegedly happened but leaving him in reserves is no answer.

Excellent post !

Half time was so painful I almost decided to go and stand in the loo just to avoid what was going on the pitch.. Then during the second half the goon calls on everyone to "come on the blues" with absolutely no feeling in it whatsoever

Also, I have been putting a pound in the raffle for years of winning a car, and a chance to go on the pitch, and now what......? £240 - pathetic... last raffle I buy even if it does go to a good cause.. this is a recession !!!

4. In response to that statement i suggest casting your mind back to the situation up to the point of still having 11 men on the park.
We were taking the game over and Brighton were doing their level best to disrupt us.
Inexperience yes,skill/pace/guile most certainly.

The kids in the team were the best players tonight.

Agree with points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Totally disagree with 7 and 9 though.

Betsy hasn't really impressed me so far, but I thought tonight he looked pretty handy. Agree that his end product is pretty poor though.

Not even gonna bother repeating myself about Foran.

so why go ? why not just **** off ?

Pre Match and Half Time

2) Radio Holmes - the guy obviously love the sound of his own voice and must still think he is on local radio. No carisma organised the shambolic half time entertainment. Bring back Brian Wheeler fly him back from Cyprus!!

Match

5) Ref - inconsistent.

6) Not enough quality in side. We can not exect to lose our two best players from last year, not replace them and still expect to finish top 6.

Post Match

Pre Match and Half Time

You'r talking crap farmer, up until the sending of we were the better side

Match

5) Ref - inconsistent.

Post Match

your talking crap farmer, up until the sending of we were the better side. Barrett was caprtain fANTASTIC, Harding brilliant skills, hal robson kanu excellent bets netter than jcr.
What match did you watch?, if at all

have to say i thought we were better side until sending off, too..
Also think betsy is a good player who does put a decent ball in (maybe not every single time, but looks impressive when hes running at players)
Was happy with most of the team tonight.. Grant gave alot of balls away, but was just having a bad game

Certainly didnt look like we were losing the game in the first half, but after the red card we seemed to fall apart. After that Brighton totally dominated.. Ashambles! Need a proven striker!

I have to agree with the 'radio holmes'. I said the same thing at half time...does he still think he's presenting a radio show....tendency to waffle on or starts interviewing people....It's probably just taking time for us to adjust to something different. Having met Peter he's a great bloke, but just no Brian Wheeler

Betsys crossing in the 2nd half was excellent, unlucky not to have an assist. Absolutley nothing from the other flank. Kanu is a striker not a winger, he cant cross. Stick him up front with Barney.

Pre Match and Half Time

Match

5) Ref - inconsistent.

Post Match

3 out of 9

Not bad for you really!!!???!!!

33.33%

Numbers 2,3 & 5 are correct btw!

your talking crap farmer, up until the sending of we were the better side. Barrett was caprtain fANTASTIC, Harding brilliant skills, hal robson kanu excellent bets netter than jcr.
What match did you watch?, if at all

We were the better side Brighton were cack. Part of the reason we lost was done to the Midfield. I am not complaining about performance of any players however playing Grant and Moussa in Midfield did not work. Introducing Sawyer was the reason we conceeded the goal. Please read post again and perhaps apologise!

Last edited:
I have to agree with the 'radio holmes'. I said the same thing at half time...does he still think he's presenting a radio show....tendency to waffle on or starts interviewing people....It's probably just taking time for us to adjust to something different. Having met Peter he's a great bloke, but just no Brian Wheeler

Absolutely right there - he is indeed no Brian Wheeler and I cannot say I have been at all impressed with Holmes so far.

Against Fulham he didn't even give out the numbers of the players, just their names and he must have asked at least a dozen kids "Who's your favourite player?" which became extremely monotonous indeed.

His "Come on You Blues" statement at the start of the 2nd half was delivered with all the passion of somebody ordering a portion of chips and quite frankly would have been funny had it not been so embarressing.

Like everything, you never know how good something was till it is not there anymore. That is certainly the case with the much lamented Mr. Wheeler and like the team, we can only hope that Peter Holmes improves and quickly.

Spot on M8 . The difference is that when he was on the radio you could turn him OFF !

And another thing - how did any of those poor Brighton fans manage to find the burgers and the toilets last night ?

Betsys crossing in the 2nd half was excellent, unlucky not to have an assist. Absolutley nothing from the other flank. Kanu is a striker not a winger, he cant cross. Stick him up front with Barney.

Agree with all of that . Betsy put in more crosses last night than JCR and Black managed in the the last two seasons

Back