• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Wooly

Members
Just a few quick points on tonight for those not there. I'm sure FBM is preparing a full-blown masterpiece as we speak, so just a few words from me!

First Half - Probably one of the best 45 minutes of football I've seen from a Southend side. Quick passing, movement, organisation in abundance. The midfield dominated from minute one to forty-five, Maher being at his brilliant best. Bentley took his goal well, after a quite exquisite pass from Freddy who was really in the mood tonight. Stonewall penalty, have now idea what their no.2 (Hinton I think) was thinking, he just barged Gray in the back! The big man cooly slotting it home for game over.

Second half - More cautious, with the defence (plus Darryl) having fine matches. I can't remember a clearcut Rovers chance. Just superb. Can't believe Gray missed that chance though. Surely miss of the season, from three yards out!

The only downside is this news that Bentley's last minute booking may cost him a place at Cardiff. If so, he'll be badly missed, as again he was immense tonight.

sad.gif

But, hey we're top of the league... and we're havin' a larf!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Roll on Cardiff!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ April 01 2005,23:52)]The only downside is this news that Bentley's last minute booking may cost him a place at Cardiff. If so, he'll be badly missed, as again he was immense tonight.
Why? That was his NINTH booking. There are NO suspensions for nine bookings!

WS

i didn't think maher played well at all. He hardly did any running in the first half. I thought bently had a cracking game! Definatly MOM!!
tounge.gif

Simply awesome atmosphere at the hall tonight, great to see all three stands singing loud and proud!
biggrin.gif

The "stand up if you love southend" chants were fantastic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 01 2005,23:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ April 01 2005,23:52)]The only downside is this news that Bentley's last minute booking may cost him a place at Cardiff. If so, he'll be badly missed, as again he was immense tonight.
Why? That was his NINTH booking. There are NO suspensions for nine bookings!

WS
Well thats all good then! I remember reading some posts on here saying that he was one booking away from suspension, and the consensus on the way out of the Hall tonight was that he was suspended. Excellent news and a big relief if he's not!

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ April 02 2005,00:59)]I remember reading some posts on here saying that he was one booking away from suspension, and the consensus on the way out of the Hall tonight was that he was suspended.
Weird. All sources I have found have him on nine bookings after this evening. I wonder where the extra one has come from? TLG perhaps?

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 02 2005,00:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ April 02 2005,00:59)]I remember reading some posts on here saying that he was one booking away from suspension, and the consensus on the way out of the Hall tonight was that he was suspended.
Weird. All sources I have found have him on nine bookings after this evening. I wonder where the extra one has come from? TLG perhaps?

WS

wink.gif
Probably just a lack of knowledge from some quarters of the SZ community. It has been known...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 02 2005,00:08)]
[b said:

WS

wink.gif
A few weeks back there were posts about Bentley and Maher being on eight bookings and therefore being one away from suspension. Maher then got that booking and got the two match ban.

I'm glad that from what I gather Mark is free to play next week but I can't say I wasn't worried for a while.

Back