• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonight's Games 23-11-21

Hmmm... I wonder who Aldershots manager is?

MM has a good record at Nat League South - this NL level is probably a good step up for him.

I am sure he learnt a massive amount from his experiences at Roots hall -

unfortunately he FAILED and we paid the price ..

nice bloke, wish him and all his gang of assistants well ...

just really very bitter that he was simply not good enough at that time to keep us up .. ..

If he goes on and manages England and wins the world cup and even says it was all because of what he learnt at Roots Hall I will still think of him of an utterly useless FAILURE

W
MM has a good record at Nat League South - this NL level is probably a good step up for him.

I am sure he learnt a massive amount from his experiences at Roots hall -

unfortunately he FAILED and we paid the price ..

nice bloke, wish him and all his gang of assistants well ...

just really very bitter that he was simply not good enough at that time to keep us up .. ..

If he goes on and manages England and wins the world cup and even says it was all because of what he learnt at Roots Hall I will still think of him of an utterly useless FAILURE
Well in my opinion you'd be wrong. I say that because of the dreadful situation he inherited and the transfer embargo. He created a team that was hard to score against and that is a real achievement given the goals we were shipping in his first few weeks. Had he had a competent striker available regularly I believe he would have kept us up. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't great, he made many mistakes early on BUT he had succeeded in creating a team that would have stayed up if he had a striker, and a bit more luck. So not a total failure in my eyes. I accept that you don't agree, so fine. Let's look to a brighter future now and leave MM to Aldershot.

Echo

Blues drop into the relegation zone​

23rd November

Southend United drop into relegation zone​

By Chris Phillips @cjphillips1982Chief sports reporter
In the drop zone - Southend United are now 21st in the National League table

In the drop zone - Southend United are now 21st in the National League table

1 comment

SOUTHEND United have dropped into the National League relegation zone following tonight’s matches.
The Shrimpers saw their scheduled clash with Maidenhead United at Roots Hall called off following a positive Covid test in the visitors’ squad.
And, with Aldershot Town winning 1-0 at home to Torquay, Blues are now 21st in the 23 team table.
Aldershot, who are managed by former Shrimpers boss Mark Molesley, bagged the only goal of the game five minutes from time from Lewis Kinsella firing home.

And the Shots are now two points clear of Blues who do have a game in hand.
King’s Lynn, who are immediately below the Shrimpers in the standings, lost 5-0 at Stockport County while bottom of the table Dover Athletic lost 3-2 at home to Wealdstone.

Things don't look good for the new management team unless we get those new players in pdq.

Er.....what makes you think we are likely to win at Altrincham.....? They have just held Chesterfield the league leaders to a draw, thrashed Weymouth and drawn with the second placed team Boreham Wood. Can't see a likely win there. I agree that we should beat Maidenhead but we then travel to Notts County. We have a difficult month ahead. January's fixtures look more winnable and hopefully we will have strengthened our squad by then.
To be honest I didn't realise Altrincham have been decent of late. I agree regards to notts county, will do well to get point let alone win.

In other news in your exclusive Echo:-

1. Weather to get colder as we go into winter.
2. Christmas lights to go up as we approach.....Christmas.
3. Bear sighted apparantly sh...ing in the woods.
4. Pope sighted in the Vatican.

Don't forget, if it's bleeding obvious, it will be in your exclusive Echo!!

In other news in your exclusive Echo:-

1. Weather to get colder as we go into winter.
2. Christmas lights to go up as we approach.....Christmas.
3. Bear sighted apparantly sh...ing in the woods.
4. Pope sighted in the Vatican.

Don't forget, if it's bleeding obvious, it will be in your exclusive Echo!!
To be 'bleeding obvious' all readers will have followed last night's results.
If you're not a regular Zoner or still in thrall to the final of Bake Off, you might have missed it.

I think we can expect a lot of games being Cancelled over the next few months. What with Covid and now the winter months where pitches are not as good as lg 1 and 2.

I've never followed the NL in the past but when I've ever looked at the League tables in the past, the amount of games played is quite disproportionate.

To be honest I didn't realise Altrincham have been decent of late. I agree regards to notts county, will do well to get point let alone win.
I wouldn't say they've been amazing. This is their 4 previous National League games.

They lost their reply to Gateshead before their draw last night too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-24-14-40-08-09_d29973efd0ded056752aedcf6cbf62ac.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-24-14-40-08-09_d29973efd0ded056752aedcf6cbf62ac.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 26
I was following the Chesterfield results last season. They were in a similar position to us - near bottom of Conference. Twelve months later they are top - no reason why we can't do the same - have faith!
What an unpredictable league this is. Eastleigh who appeared to be a poor side when we beat them are now on 24 points!

I was following the Chesterfield results last season. They were in a similar position to us - near bottom of Conference. Twelve months later they are top - no reason why we can't do the same - have faith!
They managed to attract a very good manager, and whilst they were near the bottom of the league, they still had some very good players. Together with a number of very good expensive additional players they have moved on. Clearly, they propose to throw money at the opportunity to get out of this league. The are one of the three big spenders in this league, along with Wrexham and Stockport.

There's always next season,right? :Winking:

Does rather look like our only "signing " this week will be John Still.That's really not good enough.

Last edited:
There's always next season,right? :Winking:

Does rather look like our only "signing " this week will be John Still.That's really not good enough.
If we were going for a loan signing, then the postponement of the Maidenhead game, would mean we get the player for a few days longer by signing him at the end of the week, if it is a month loan that is.........perhaps?

Back